as its nearly christmas

VWPowered

plenty of this to do over the next few weeks and a picture of a old banger wanged in there for good measure...

Posted Image

So to you Autoshiter's out there...

let me be the first to say merry xmas to you all... and a toast to owning even more shite next year :wink:

no fun and games here either really, only earned about 100 euros over the last month and the rents due, but fu*k it its only money ????got my health, got my girls, if it gets that bad i'll buy afew chickens and we'll live off eggs forever :twisted:

As for the wishlist,knowing I had a job would be nice :?

Likewise. Christmas is cancelled!!
I've just been told my job is safe, oh but by the way we're mucking about with bonuses and allowances and introducing 7 day working with annualised hours. More work for less pay, and apparently if we don't like it we know where the door is. NICE!All I want for christmas is garage to work in. And a garden big enough to put it in. and somehow access to get a car to it.

I could have had some agency work tomorrow,but the MGs been messing about & not starting properly.Anyway,I was told the job involved driving a small van,towing a horsebox containing 2 reindeer :lol: .I wouldn't have to wear a red suit though :wink:

lucky the french law here is on our side and we cant be evicted between oct and mar as the weather plummets to -15 out everyday atm trying to find work, even had to buy secondhand presents for the girls this year.?..but hey.... could always be worse.chin up guys, its a hard year all round, least in the uk you can get help from the government, both our girls were born here, and when i approached them to say i had no work, no money was told well 'go look for a job' you'll get no aid from this geovernmant, now if ever i wanted to punch someone would of been then, but gotta think of my girls...next year im aiming to go to the czech replublic and leave france where it is, lucky in a way we are to skint to buy a house and only rent... but like atm with no income it maybe back to the field and caravan :oops:

its very complicated but only as the french have made it that way, i tried to register here, and was told as your fit /healthy and able to work that i shouldnt bother, its the govenment here cutting back on illegals and benefits, which i do understand, we've had nothing but problems here..

im now at the stage after this that i may just go level this robbin git..

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum ... hp?t=55087

so yes we lost 25k, it now looks like this twat doing the dumpin isnt liable but my misses is.. ive already confronted his once as he scrapped 5 cars for me when the prices were good didnt ask for now money but when a 50e water bill turned up at the premises, he fought hard to get us to pay even when its him who lives there.. so me and stanley the lump 'ammer visited him, he soon backed off,

so atm the system has us by the balls..i was working for a english registered builder who has since returned to the uk, who its turns out wasnt paying tax for me but putting it back into his pocket,

depressed no never, cant allow myself to be....

but fear the man who breaks me for the bits he will be pickin up will be his own teeth... :twisted:

Totally confused by all that. Sounds like a total stress-fest TBH. I've got enough work for.... oooh.... next week, I've enough cash in the bank to certainly last until about march/april before I have to start flogging some of my accumulated bilge (which might go some way).... Should get some 'odds and sods' work as well, which usually pays quite nicely, so not totally shitting it yet. My bezza mate hasn't worked in months, bar the odd day in another mates' factory sweeping up and is now totally fecked, especially as when he was on CIS he didn't pay enough (any?) tax or NI, the daft gimp.

well we all have problems chap, we just forget that others are suffering too, do feel for you guys too, i know what the markets like, the last month here in the charente 18,000 have been made unemployed, first year ive ever seen 75% off sales before christmas :? ive always been a person to follow the work rather than sat with nothing, so if tomorrow i get offered a job in china/russia/ in fact anywhere i'd be o the plane... just has to be done..been on friends reunited lately seen how many people even 20 years after you all left school are in the same place and position as their parents were... now thats scary shit...i think in a dumb way we should make this even more exclusive and become a group of worldwide classic car part sellers...people will always needs wheels of some sort :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

ly situations is still the same, although applied to alot more agencys further afield, but realistically i'm pionting the finger at trying to start my own mobile fitting/valet business next year, have the tools/compressor/jet wash etc etcthat fails i'll sell everything and f*ck off into the mountains never to be seen again, eating bush tucker and living under the stars..least i shouldnt get evicted from there :roll:

That all sounds totally GASH.

155V6, have you checked your contract thoroughly, and checked out your employment rights? Because that sounds a bit poo.

On the upside, I have got my first 'freelance' work lined up for next week, which (as long as I get paid for it) will keep things on an even keel.

Started setting up my web thingy today (basically registered the domain and wanged up a holding page, flesh it out over the weekend) www.surveyandmapping.co.uk . Balls to the recession.

These are worrying times, and reading all the above makes me soooo glad that - so far at least - 52 babe and mysele are still in gainfull employment! Promise never to moan about being bored at work again. When I movd to Sheffield, I chose not to sell my bungalow in N. Yorks, but to rent it out instead. Seemed like the right decision 'til the tenants split up and moved out 6 months ago- though not before "leaving their mark" on the place. It's been for sale since then, and so-far no interest at all, and value falling all the time. Who said you can never loose with property?

155V6, have you checked your contract thoroughly, and checked out your employment rights? Because that sounds a bit poo.

Checked my contract as soon as we were laid off,also checked with Citizens Advice & it's all legal.Seems to be pretty standard practice in the transport business :(

I though I had problems . have ALWAYS disliked christmas and I would also like to go to bed on christmas eve and get up after new year..OH ! I can if I want, cause theres no-one else here to tell me what to do these days, the promise of a job that I was given seems to have only been a promise and not a reality ! Woe is me...well I had better get on with painting the bedroom so I can go to bed by christmas, Im only 2/3 on with the undercoat so far ! :(:(:( I hope all goes better after the new year for any of you having real worries about jobs and money.