The new black?

pompei

Recently I've seen quite a few "executive" cars in white - usually German, Beemers, Audis and Porkers, and also a few repmobiles, Passats, Accords and the odd Lexus. Clarkson's M3 on Sunday was white.I can't help associating white with builders' vans or Fiat Unos. I know it was a popular colour in the 80s, and remains so on the continent, but to me white still equals pov spec :roll:

White is 110% the new silver, which was the new black for quite some time. Look carefully and you will see that these exec-whites usually have some sort of clever element to the paint. I'll have a AM V8 Vantage, in white, with anthracite wheels please. Or failing that, a Marina done with Dulux Once.

I'm just pleased to see the reappearance of "metallic beige" as a proper colour, e.g. Hyundai Grandeur.Just waiting for them to be ballsy enough to reintroduce non-metallic beige and I'll be set for my Hirst rides in 2030 or so.

I'm just pleased to see the reappearance of "metallic beige" as a proper colour, e.g. Hyundai Grandeur.Just waiting for them to be ballsy enough to reintroduce non-metallic beige and I'll be set for my Hirst rides in 2030 or so.

My Brother's Alfa 156 is metallic beige,apparently it was the least ordered colour :roll:

My mum had a white Mk2 Astra GL (H112XRC, scrapped by a subsequent owner many moons ago) and that was pretty much the last time I knew white to be popular, until recently it was hard to get a white non-povo car!I also had a white Audi 90 Quattro, sport model. Looked really good with mostly colour coded bits, and some trim left black. But yeah new whites are usually perlescent, metallic, flippy weird stuff that inevitably costs gazillions to respray in the event of a ding.

Here comes the science:http://jalopnik.com/5105358/consumers-p ... olor-again

North American car buyers again chose white as the most popular new car color for 2008, besting silver for the second year in a row in DuPont's study of color popularity with 20% of car purchases. Is this mere color preference or pointing to a deeper trend?...The luxury color white pearl made up only 4% of the total market while regular white scored 16% of the market. What cars are standard white? The cheapest.

:D :DAnyway, us Europeans apparently still like our cars black... So what's with all the silver German turdblower saloons then?

I reckon the 405 looks good in white. Also, mine has working A/C :P

How do you test aircon when its cold outside?Never really thought about the colour thing, although the majority of my shite has been white.(Rover 600, Astra III Estate, 405)The most fitting colour was the Kingfisher Blue diesel metro.Shite car, Shite colour!

If the a/c still works, for god's sake keep it running regularly (or even permanently) to preserve it's operation - they use the old gas you can't get anymore (R12) and it costs £££ to switch over to R134a properly.Mine has a leak somewhere (failed the vacuum test) so I just crank a window instead :wink: I always thought the Metro looked good in Quicksilver myself.