SambaS in AlpineLE Oh-dearage!

SambaS

001 Offside front (inner sill inside jacking point) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

002 Offside (outer sill) Seatbelt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded

003 Nearside rear (inner wheel arch in boot) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

004 Offside rear (inner wheel arch in boot) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

005 Nearside rear (inner wheel arch above trailing arm) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

006 Nearside front suspension has excessive play in a lower suspension ball joint

007 Tailgate cannot be secured in closed position

Mentioned but forgot to add:

Trailing arm corrosion

NS sill corrosion

What's happening with all of your other cars?

XR3, RS?

XR3 is in storage, it will need some recommissioning to be put back on the road. I will most likely swap it and the Monza over once the Monza is out of MOT or insurance.

The Cosworth is in my lockup waiting patiently for me to collect all the parts, need a YB and a diff then crack on with the welding. I'll do the Alpine and Duster first to hone my skillz

Damn :-( I kind of expected something like that, although I was hoping maybe you'd got some late night welding in somehow...

Tbh I know I'm not up to speed on these things but I'm not too sure about sticking a car through that you know is going to fail, as far as I remember you only have something like a week to put it right before the money's gone, and then when you've fixed all the stuff they spotted this time, they'll spot something new... (t-shirt)

*Eagerly awaits weldathon thread*

Incidentarily, I'm surprised you guys aren't playing mot failure bingo...

Tailgate opened once and closed with a bit of a struggle... opened the other day now wont latch shut. I'll just take the latch off and see what the problem is. Cant be much of anything. Probably just needs swearing at then putting back on.

EDIT 9 JANUARY 2015

Sorted this, didn't even get the swear words out. Felt cheated.

• 1 month later...

9 JANUARY 2015

My mojo took a serious hit at the end of November, to the tune of several thousand pounds... without going further into that...

Having 5 consecutive days off and little I fancied doing I decided to whip the carburettor off the Alpine. And bring it into my kitchen.

10413342_10152675522942992_2381046458863

And take it to bits.

10429419_10152675640597992_3550922850009

See that gunk? It gets in the jets and the car wont run.

Experience of roundabouts should normally be a droll thing... brake, indicate, observe, get angry because someone hasn't indicated and you waited for them, drive off even sadder inside than you thought possible at the way the world is turning out etc.

Well the Alpine was foot down and fuck everybody cos if this thing stops it ain't going again!

-----

I took the carb. apart, it was more fiddly than the 32 on the Samba...... Thoroughly cleaned it all up, float chamber, all jets and the channels between. Put back together, fitted to car with new filter and petrol pipes..........

And for once in my life.

Starts on the dot. Purrs like a kitten. AICMFP.