Citroen BX TZD Estate for sells!

Fabergé Greggs

the zeeee ex wheel trimz suit the bx just nicely with the added bonus of being proper shitroen items

They look too modern for my tastes. I'm after something that'll enhance it's wedginess. 

I think I have a set of St Tropez trims at work in white, I stashed them during the big field clearance

I need a set of standard trims for Mrs Ruff's new Berlingo as it came equipped with a mismatched set of Dagenham market specials.

Reckon they'd be a pfaff to try and make silver?

No rotten rear arches. I IZ JELUS.

Nice buy. BXs are rather addictive, aren't they? As a normally aspirated owner, I am looking with envy at your low reving cruising ability. Must get on and do something about that. It might* involve a Xantia engine and TD box a la Mat the Cat.

I have always liked the look of Bx's after an uncle had a grey/silver one.

Just wondering is there a button etc that lets you raise or lower the suspension like that? Or is it to do with ignition?

Engine has to be running to provide system pressure. A lever inside allows you to select low, normal, intermediate or full height. Only the middle two can be used for driving. Turn the engine off and the accumulator sphere (in theory) stops the car sinking immediately, but it does drop down as pressure reduces. Some drop quicker than others. Top tip - if jacking a hydro Cit, put it on full height first. Otherwise, when you low the jack, the car will come right down with the jack and you won't be able to get the jack out.

Engine has to be running to provide system pressure. A lever inside allows you to select low, normal, intermediate or full height. Only the middle two can be used for driving. Turn the engine off and the accumulator sphere (in theory) stops the car sinking immediately, but it does drop down as pressure reduces. Some drop quicker than others. Top tip - if jacking a hydro Cit, put it on full height first. Otherwise, when you low the jack, the car will come right down with the jack and you won't be able to get the jack out.

Thanks for that Dollywobbler

And home to join the fleet. Good job none of my neighbours have a car...

BF3AA52F-B66B-409C-9A61-59FFF48809B6_zps

It's a total honey. Drives great and has had loads money spent on it all it's life including lots of work at Chevronics etc. I think they had the rear subframe out to do a bit of pre-emptive welding in the usual place so it should remain solid for a very very long time. It drives very tightly with no trim rattles at all the ride is spot on. It has occasional ABS light malfunction but that seems to be righting itself. 

The previous owner runs it with a fuel additive that he mixes with a bit of water- I've never heard of that? He says it runs better on it but I think I'm going to try straight diesel and see how I get on. 

tat street !!!

apart from the fiesta :D

ace

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a hassle free start to ownership, with many miles covered averaging over 50mpg. Quite smitten. 

The missus borrowed the car today, however, and reported that it flashed some warning lights whilst in extreme traffic in the Blackwall tunnel. (utter hell). The light turned out to be the coolant temp red light. Went out again as soon as the traffic moved. 

I ain't had a chance to investigate yet as it's dark and drizzly, but I'm immediately thinking of checking the fan by shorting the fan switch as the rad is brand new. I'll check for levels and contamination asap. 

Hmmmm..

There should be an amber warning before the red one. Helpfully*, these don't light up when you put the ignition on so you can't tell if the bulb still works...

If you're lucky, it's just a duff fan switch. If you're unlucky, the head gasket may well now be a bit iffy. They do blow 'em. Get your other half trained up with essential Autoshite tip number 34. If the car starts overheating, turn the heater on full pelt!

There should be an amber warning before the red one. Helpfully*, these don't light up when you put the ignition on so you can't tell if the bulb still works...

If you're lucky, it's just a duff fan switch. If you're unlucky, the head gasket may well now be a bit iffy. They do blow 'em. Get your other half trained up with essential Autoshite tip number 34. If the car starts overheating, turn the heater on full pelt!

Yeah, perhaps she wouldn't have spotted the amber one, it was the illuminated STOP light that got her attention.

did you buy trims yet (if not why not)

[/bx polis]

Haha, still on the hunt. Lame, i know. 

I know that internet wisdom says that the amber light means you've probably cooked the HG, and the red light means you definitely have, but in my experience you can get away with both lights on and no engine damage. In terms of thermal stress on the engine, there's probably a world of difference between overheating when thrashing it up a hill versus a gradual rise of temperature in traffic.

That's a glimmer of hope. Had a super quick look in the dark before work this morning, difficult to check oil level as I'm on a hill but the coolant level looked good if a little murky, kinda copper coloured.

The Kolour of K seal? Shitting bad luck, but you know what must be done. It involves spanners and stuff.

Balls. Glittery copper stuff? So that's what k seal looks like. Hopefully just it's still hanging around from when it had a rad leak as it only very recently had a new rad.

Unfortunately I don't think I could tackle OMGHGF myself as I'm currently holed up in a small flat without garage or driveway which means ££££'s I guess.

I'm still crossing my fingers.

First checking the fan: pulling of the fan switch connector brought with it these other connectors, what do they do? Shorting out the fan switch connector with the ignition on doesn't bring the fans on, even though I can see 12v on one of the terminals. Fuses 1 is good (fan relay, this should be 10a though has a 30a in there) as is fuse 4 (30a, fan motors).

59445035-0398-4CE8-A5EB-154CE7DC6F92_zps