Citroen BX TZD Estate for sells!

Fabergé Greggs

Hang on a minute...I thought that looked familiar

7249181494_8f7ff97a20_c.jpg1992 Citroen BX 17TZD estate by quicksilver coaches, on Flickr

It used to live just round the corner from me and I often admired it so it's great to see it join the shite fold.

Ha! Great!

Owner was a fireman in Buckingham, could not have been more of a gent..

You stole a BX from my home town! Outraged of Buckingham.

That makes two of us. It was one of the few bits of shite in this town and now I don't have anything interesting to look at when I walk past the fire station :(

@jackytwoshoes, if I'd known you were coming I would have gone out and prevented you taking it away, I mean invited you round for a cuppa and a natter about shite. You were so close to me as I can actually see the fire station from my house.

That looks a proper hunny. Well bought, I agree with removing those wheeltrims but it doesn't half look sad without any - what would it have had new?

The Mini Pillock did stare in wonder at the BX that was brought to Cannock last weekend, loved the suspension on it. And New_FIL_Pillock had a BX back in the day which SWMBO liked so I see a chevronned future in my crystal ball....

Can I buy those wheel trims? They're the same as tbe ones on my ZX and I'm missing one.

Pretty please......

No you can't buy them but yes you can haz them for free.

That makes two of us. It was one of the few bits of shite in this town and now I don't have anything interesting to look at when I walk past the fire station :(

@jackytwoshoes, if I'd known you were coming I would have gone out and prevented you taking it away, I mean invited you round for a cuppa and a natter about shite. You were so close to me as I can actually see the fire station from my house.

Small world!

Splendid !

Is this your first BX ? There's something very addictive about them. I usually keep my cars for a couple of years maximum, but kept my BX for a whole six years and still wasn't bored of it !

Yes. The first BX I've driven although I technically own 2 since i acquired the white project a month or so back. Such a lovely cruiser! I've wanted one for a while and I don't think it's going to disappoint. 

That looks a proper hunny. Well bought, I agree with removing those wheeltrims but it doesn't half look sad without any - what would it have had new?

I concur it does need something. Weirdly I've always had a hankering to put moondiscs on a BX. Good/ bad idea?

And home to join the fleet. Good job none of my neighbours have a car...

BF3AA52F-B66B-409C-9A61-59FFF48809B6_zps

It's a total honey. Drives great and has had loads money spent on it all it's life including lots of work at Chevronics etc. I think they had the rear subframe out to do a bit of pre-emptive welding in the usual place so it should remain solid for a very very long time. It drives very tightly with no trim rattles at all the ride is spot on. It has occasional ABS light malfunction but that seems to be righting itself. 

The previous owner runs it with a fuel additive that he mixes with a bit of water- I've never heard of that? He says it runs better on it but I think I'm going to try straight diesel and see how I get on.