STOLEN MORRIS OXFORD

Partridge

The problem is the punishments arent that harsh for this kind of thing - the pikeys know that even if they do get caught all theyll get is a small fine or slap on the risk so they give not a shit.

Arseholes. I'd be asking the local B and Q for a list of all people who've bought a few pots of Dulux in the last month.

You don't have to. They have already picked up on it.

http://www.ovalbangerchat.co.uk/topic/186855-stolen-1962-wolseley-1660-564uxn-essex/

Also, the small Farinas are now largely banned in the 'unders' class, and the season is practically over.

So no, I don't think it's nicked for ovaling.

Lots of places to hide it until next year. Whilst terrorists are not highly regarded, car thieves who nick stuff for bangering are worse and need a five year spell in that US holiday camp where they all wear orange overalls. Fucking vermin. There is a 1954 roundy Series 11 Oxford not too far from me, always parked outside. How long before some beer breath rigger boot moron hiabs that away?

Makes me feel hollow inside, this shit does....Don't want to start another banger thread as I have had enough of an unwinnable argument elsewhere in Internet-land.   However, it is extremely unlikely this car was stolen for parts or to sell on to a rabid Wolselely "scene".   Plenty of time for the heat to die down before the A60 Amble.   The M25 area is losing these at an extraordinary rate.   Old cars are not just a pile of steel or a bag of parts or a toy to be smashed up, they represent a part of the owner often literally, I know plenty of my blood group could be forensically obtained from any number of my old motors.   Just makes me very fucking sad.

Surely it would be easy for Plod to check chassis numbers at oval tracks?

Easy for the organisers to insist that chassis numbers were present on "competing" vehicles too, and that those numbers were not transferred between cars.

Any reluctance to police their own sport points to complicity. Bring on Roger Cook! (in his very trick V8 MGB)!

I agree, but it's time consuming and with all the budget cuts I can't see them sending out an area car to look at Cortinas and Farinas about to be smashed to bits. And turn their back five seconds and their 530d would HIAB'd away complete with ANPR :-D :-D :-D :-D

Surely it would be easy for Plod to check chassis numbers at oval tracks?

As Mercroker says, there's been loads of Farinas stolen from the south London area over the last couple of years, none of which have ever been seen again, with the exception of the Sun-Tor that Brammy777 found abandoned in Beckenham. Aveley isn't far outside the M25, and call me cynical if you like, but I think a) it's a racer stealing them and B) they're all being taken by the same person/people. Too much of a coincidence.

Remember that Volvo 240 estate that was stolen from a Retro Rides member in South London? The owner of that scoured google earth looking for banger yards and found one down in Biggin Hill, Kent, which he went and investigated. Inside he found his 240, covered with a tarp and partially stripped, with the plates ripped off it. I remember reading the Ovalchat thread on it and it was very enlightening. The yard was full of prepped bangers all painted in the colours of one team (including another 240), the members of which all had had bans from the sport in the past for VERY dickish and unsporting behaviour. A barn was mentioned by someone on Ovalchat, apparently down the road from this yard which was full of stolen tin, just waiting for the heat to die down. Torsten suspected his A35 went here too...

This is a very sad story.  Unfortunately the idea that races should check VIN plates is a laugh as they are so easy to swap on older cars.

I own a pre 68 car and am going to stamp something on it in a hidden place to try to make sure that it has a unique identifier.  It won't be the VIN number (actually it is pre VIN) as that would be obvious to grind off, so something with no meaning.

Perhaps we all need trackers on them?  What a sad world we live in. 

Lets all keep a look out for this car though.  If everyone looks everywhere they go, there is a chance we will find it.

Realistically how hard would it be for each car to be vetted? The DVLA/PNC already has all the information necessary to determine if a car is stolen or not there just needs to be a way for the vehicles to be identified and looked up quickly on the day.

Realistically how hard would it be for each car to be vetted? The DVLA/PNC already has all the information necessary to determine if a car is stolen or not there just needs to be a way for the vehicles to be identified and looked up quickly on the day.

TBH, its probably not in their interest to do so. There might a rotten core who steal cars and race them but without them, there would be a lot less racers. The honest bangers can probably only afford to race half the times the dishonest ones can, probably less, as they spend money on borked cars and then have to spend more time and money getting them trackworthy doing welding/mechanical repairs before they actually race them. 

If you steal a car that is in pretty good nick already you can get it track ready reasonably quickly. Just weld in some scaffold behind the drivers seat, bungee a fuel tank behind the drivers seat and fit a 4 point harness seatbelt and off you go (or it was when I was younger). Plus you have saved a few quid on the cost of the car in the first place. You might be able to do that every week whilst it might take someone a month to prepare a wreck for racing. 

You get rid of the rot you get rid of your livelyhood. If they cracked down at one track the rot would just go to another one that let them get away with it and you have lost your job. 

TBH, its probably not in their interest to do so.

That's it really. They are quick to jump onto forums to bitch and whine about how unfairly they are treated yet they seem to have little real interest in actually preventing it.