Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

That Imp truck is the most useless commercial vehicle ever. Look at the depth* of the load bed, and when it breaks down you have to take everything out to access the engine. What is point?

Didn't stop VW and GM doing similar things, hell the Corvan even loaded at the side and looked cool as fuck.

I was behind one of these yesterday, it's a Nissan Tiida, had never heard of it or knowing seen one, or is it just so bland that I hadn't noticed them before (I had a Almera and now a Note, so pot, kettle etc!)

17_nissan_tiida.jpg

I remember reading something about the Tiida not officially being sold in the UK, but a Glasgow-based dealership imported a fucktonne from Ireland, so you can see a load of them on Glasgow reg numbers going about.

Also, they're apparently utter shit, not shite.

There's a fair few Tiidas knocking around Belfast too - wasn't aware they effectively had grey import status in the rest of the UK. They are the most ghastly-looking orthopaedic shoe of a car, mind, so I can understand why Nissan UK decided not to bother. Good luck to the Glasgow owners in Halfords, anyway...

I still find it odd that there's cars sold in the Irish Republic that don't appear in the UK - I mean, you'd think it was hardly economically viable to produce the rhd Renault Fluence just to sell in 3/4 of a smallish island... and yet they do.

I think.

Saw a VW T-Roc (!) and an Arteon too. I still saw the world ran out of car names in 1992.

T-Roc = Juke sized thing to sit below the Tiguan (because that was necessary??)

Arteon = replaces old (Passat) CC. 

VW have gone mental with the names for some reason.

....I still find it odd that there's cars sold in the Irish Republic that don't appear in the UK - I mean, you'd think it was hardly economically viable to produce the rhd Renault Fluence just to sell in 3/4 of a smallish island... and yet they do.

I think.

To be fair, they did try to sell the Fluence ZE here in about 2009. Because electric. Didn't sell well.

T-Roc = Juke sized thing to sit below the Tiguan (because that was necessary??)

Arteon = replaces old (Passat) CC. 

VW have gone mental with the names for some reason.

Looking at the dimensions (and pricelist) the T-Roc seems to basically be a Golf raised by about 3.5 inches. Agreed, an utterly crap name though.

To be fair, they did try to sell the Fluence ZE here in about 2009. Because electric. Didn't sell well.

Lack of rapid charging killed it, Renault's battery lease killed the residuals.

You can't give them away now.

A few years ago I was in a Renault dealer looking at Zoes and the owner turned up in his Fluence, told me all sorts of horror stories about cross wind stability.

I think he was trying to scare me into a Zoe.

When I worked for Renault, we had a Fluence in the showroom for about a year. It wasn't bad as such, but had a small boot for it's size and pretty poor range. The Zoe is a much better car in these respects. I remember a customer coming in with one once and getting angry that we didn't have wipers in stock, this was the only Fluence that I had seen in use. We sold one Fluence and have not seen it since!

The Twizy was a very low seller as well, but is good fun and we had a few customers who loved them. In many aspects they are a marginally drier and safer moped, but quite a lot dearer and with a smaller range.

The Korres P4

XjrlK49.png

It's a Greek off-road supercar apparently.

Korres-P4-Supercar-fotoshowBigImage-a433

korres_project_4_.jpg

The Korres P4 is a Greek made sports car designed by Korres Engineering and is the first Greek "true" supercar and the only sports/super car that can travel on both dirt and pavement at high speeds. Production began in May 2014. Korres has goal of producing and selling 100 car models to North America, Middle East and Greece. The price of the P4 is expected to be over €230.000 and will be manufactured in Katerini by Replicar Hellas and in Utah by Kirkham Motorsports.

Engine

The Korres is powered by a 7.0 liter LS7 V8 Corvette engine which produces 505 horsepower and is capable of reaching 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds with a maximum speed of 300 km/h (186 mph).

Transmission

The gearbox is specially made for the car and features 6 speed manual transmission with 3 transfer case ratios, normal (long ratio with overdrive), sports (medium ratio) and trial (extremely short ratio). P4 has a theoretical top speed of over 300 km/h (186.4 mph).[1]

Handling

The car's suspension is made by Korres Engineering. The P4 features an adjustable suspension system that can raise the car’s ride height by 400mm to help it negotiate speed bumps and other urban obstacles.

When the car's height is fully lowered the car handles better when cornering at high speeds.

Seems rather interesting!

Full wiki article here.

There's a fair few Tiidas knocking around Belfast too - wasn't aware they effectively had grey import status in the rest of the UK. They are the most ghastly-looking orthopaedic shoe of a car, mind, so I can understand why Nissan UK decided not to bother. Good luck to the Glasgow owners in Halfords, anyway...

I still find it odd that there's cars sold in the Irish Republic that don't appear in the UK - I mean, you'd think it was hardly economically viable to produce the rhd Renault Fluence just to sell in 3/4 of a smallish island... and yet they do.

I think.

You should see the Tiida in saloon form(shudder). Make way for Noddy!

It's worth them making the Fluence for the Irish market as it's a Megane back to the B pillar except for the grille and bumper.No problem to incorporate the rhd panels into the shell instead of LHD. A pretty good seller here-lots as taxis.We thought of buying a top spec diesel one for my wife, until a Megane estate came up at the right price.

I considered one when looking for a new car last November.  It was ok but did not leave me with a lasting impression and I can't recall seeing one on the road.  I do recall seeing lots of Nissan Jukes.  Maybe the distinctive* styling was a deliberate ploy.