Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Africa only Peugeot Pick-Up based on some Chinese knock off. What is point.866a35f9daea90f804b545a45626e8bc.jpg

Maybe some complex trade deal, intended to help Peugeot dominate* the Chinese market, required PSA buy some Chinese Tonka trucks and flog them on?

I actually don’t mind that pulsar. Wonder if they still have Nissan “N” model codes?

Maybe but may just be badge engineering.   Would think Peugeot still has a big following in Africa due to the success of the 504 and 505 models there.  Nearly half a million 504s built in Nigeria up until 2006 Wikipedia informs me, you do see heaps of them over there still.

So, todays cold and Mrs Sutty sent me out with the dog....... I was walking along the main road near to home when a car coming the opposite way caught my attention. A modern looking vehicle but with actual WING mirrors. I clocked the reg, and the badge, and almost tripped over the dog but it was worth it. A 2006 Toyota Crown. OMG these look so shite I actually want to bask in its shiteness......

Not the car, but exactly the same

post-17429-0-14762700-1519824070_thumb.jpg

I thought they stopped making the crown years ago, so this was most definately a shock to me!

Sure this ^^ model was featured on here.. Hybrid power (but just for the AirCon?) recently...

TS

I did a small amount of googling and ebaying, they are a quite expensive "japanese mafia" kind of car, those seats look like lounge chairs and the toys that come with them are worthy of middle upper class epicness. The model up is the Toyota Century, with a whopping 5.0 V12!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDESIGNED-TOYOTA-CENTURY-GZG50-5-0-V12-JAPANESE-EQ-MAYBACH-ROLLS-ROYCE/352276967149?_trkparms=pageci%3A95a89c60-1c95-11e8-aa82-74dbd18087fb%7Cparentrq%3Adcdd3ce81610ab66ad3844b4ffff5016%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236

Ah, the Crown and the Century are whole different kettles of fish. The Crown you saw is actually just a luxury version of the Toyota Comfort, which is popularly used as a Taxi. It's kind of a Toyota FX4, in a way, and was in production since '95. They've only just finished building them, as it happens - replaced by some high-roofed thing called the JPN Taxi.

It's still cool, anyway. So well done.

Saw a Nissan Pulsar today. Not the 90's JDM jobbie, one of these;

1200px-Nissan_Pulsar_Acenta_%E2%80%93_Fr

Probably been around for ages and I just haven't noticed, because they're so interesting*

I really like the look of the upcoming Nismo version of the Pulsar:

05-nissan-pulsar-nismo-concept-paris-1.j

No to everyone's taste, I accept.

It's been on the way for some time now. Back in 2016 I was trying to get an answer from Nissan about roughly when - as was in the market for such a thing.

Dealers shrugged shoulders and numerous emails to Nissan UK and Global were met with absolutely zero reply - the miserable KINTS.

Anyhow I got the Golf and the Pulsar Nismo is still not anywhere to be seen.

I've never understood the marketing behind that, making models bigger each evolution. If it has more interior space but is the same size on the outside then that's obviously clever packaging and worth boasting about but just making it bigger, heavier etc all round seems to be taking away the cars original identity.

Probably a rant for the grumpy thread really, carry on.

I've never understood the marketing behind that, making models bigger each evolution. If it has more interior space but is the same size on the outside then that's obviously clever packaging and worth boasting about but just making it bigger, heavier etc all round seems to be taking away the cars original identity.

Probably a rant for the grumpy thread really, carry on.

True that. I'm sure I read a good few years ago that the then-current Polo was bigger than the Mk1 Golf. Superminis used to be the smallest class but now they've bloated so much there's a whole new range of city cars below them that are the same sort of size as the superminis of old.