Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

God almighty, that Evoke soft-top :S

Is it me, or is that the exact opposite of anything remotely sophisticated - yet is bought by people who think they are very sophisticated?

I look at that and think about the British jobs it creates....and then I think about how they managed to create something so breathtakingly naff!

There's an orange one round here, with matching driver.  Give it 15 years, we'll be queuing for them!

You have to be orange* to pass the entry test to get into a Land Rover dealer these days.

*other tests of bad taste and general chavdom are available.

It is wrong to stereotype people.

If anyone buys an Evoke convertible who isn't orange with patterned nail extensions, inappropriate heels, a bag that cost more than my car and an iPhone in a sparkly case then I will be absolutely amazed.

A stereotype is only inappropriate when it is unjustified.

I never knew there was a Renault Clio estate (or Sport Tourer) until I saw one the other day. I don't really see the point of that TBH.

Actually I can quite see the point of those small estates favoured by Renault/Peugeot at the time, seem very sensible to me.  Except for the fact that Tourer is a Renault built after 2000 so probably best not to.

Had a Clio estate thing as a hire car here in BG

Petrol version with what felt like a 750cc twin engine

Absolutely no power at all,you had the rev the feck out of it to make any sort of progress

Front bumper took a right pounding on the quality roads out here,I honestly though we were going to lose it on a couple of occasions

Slightly bemused looking Fords

Blue one reminds of Marvin,the paranoid android for some reason

Top one is a P3 Taunus 15m or 17m, called Badewanne (bath tub) for a reason, the other one is the successor, Taunus P5. They weren't allowed to wear FORD badges due to prohibitance of FORD USA but werde built in Cologne by FORD of course. Firs 'legal' FORD after WW2 were the Taunus TC and Granada/Consul.

This part canvas semi floppytop 4x4 Pandamonium, never seen one before

attachicon.gifGEDC0152.JPG

That's a Seat Panda Terra. There's at least one other over here that turned up at last year's Festival of the Unexceptional. Don't know much more about them though.

28434709921_b351e9b482_c.jpg

1982 Seat Panda Terra by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Related to that Toyota Tamaraw up there I saw a magnificently named Toyota Stallion pick up (bakkie) yesterday.   South African built version apparently.

Fun fact:  this was actually supposed to be called the Toyota Starion, but due to a misunderstanding during a phone call between Toyota's head office in Tokyo and their South African counterparts... oh, wait.

Had this in front of me today, obviously eastward bound.

Label say "Ford Corsair GL", looks 90's Japanese and not like the Corsair i know of.

What is this?

attachicon.gifwhat1.jpg

attachicon.gifwhat2.jpg

Probably a Ford Corsair (UA Australia), a badge engineered Nissan Bluebird/Pintara 

https://readtiger.com/img/wkp/en/1989-1992_Ford_Corsair_(UA)_GL_sedan_02.jpg

PS: I had never heard of it either!

Had this in front of me today, obviously eastward bound.

Label say "Ford Corsair GL", looks 90's Japanese and not like the Corsair i know of.

What is this?

attachicon.gifwhat1.jpg

attachicon.gifwhat2.jpg

These were an Australian bit of badge engineering thanks to the Button car plan

These were rare here because people just got the "real" version rather than the "fake" one

How it ended up outside of Australia is beyond me