Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Even better, the Cascada has some hidden rear facing lights that emerge should the boot be open, like the Insignia estate. I noticed it on the M27 whlist someone was changing stuck on the hard shoulder. Had a WTF was that moment.

I've seen a Cascada.

Just the one.

I actually saw one the other day. It was blue and didn't look too bad, much better than the grey one Vauxhall's marketing department insisted on posing against drab backdrops in the rain to make it look as attractive* as possible. There's no way I'd pay anywhere near 30 grand for it though.

While searching for more photos of the Daewoo Honker, I stumbled across the DZT Pasagon. It's a hell of a looker*.

http://www.honker.com.pl/index.php/honker-cargo-opis-modelu

WTF! They're still making these old crocks, powered by a home grown engine! Poland's equivalent of LDV didn't go bust and is thriving. Who knew?

post-7547-0-88253600-1488353038_thumb.jpg

This is a replica of a Vauxhall prototype, an unholy union of Daimler/PA Cresta. I had my first ride in a Conquest Century the other day, a car with lots of quirks that must have cost a fortune to produce on a low-volume offering. It's no surprise that they investigated creating a successor by marrying Turner's fine V8 with a Luton body. Herman Munster would have approved.

And another Aussie offering, the Chrysler Royal. Aus only and a parts bin special with some redesigning and local manufacturing thrown in. Chrysler Aus were making the early fifities Chrysler/ plymouth/ Desoto and wanted to update. US hq was not interested so Aus went their own way.

This was produced from 1957 to 1963 as saloon, estate and utility. It was succeeded by the Valiant which was a big success in Aus unlike the Royal which only just sold enough to save itself.

They were popular with some police forces for highway patrol as they had a lovely V8 and could chase most others down.

post-2915-0-07520700-1488586566_thumb.jpg

post-2915-0-40402900-1488586546_thumb.jpg

That Daimhall reminded me of Armstrong Siddeley's small car offering. That was slated as ugly when new, bit I think the Daimler offering gets it very wrong, especially from the C pillar back. And why did they change the wipers to something that Vauxhall found was deficient.

Armstrong Syddeley vvvvv

post-2915-0-98571400-1488587717_thumb.jpg

There was a BASE version of the Mk1 Cortina that I only learned about a few minutes ago.

ford-consul-cortina-mk1-bry-781-b.jpg

1962_cars_ford_cortina_mk1_standard.jpg

Looks like the sort of thing to be made under license in India, like the Standard Gazelle. but was what you ordered if you were a REAL penny pincher back in 1962.