Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the "News 24" and said I'd post it here...

The Xuzhou Suding four-door electric tricycle...

sudong-1.jpg?x21786

Yes, a 4-door tricycle with load bed!, But wait there's more...

sudong-3.jpg?x21786

It's also a tipper!

The best part? It's a four seater, but it's only got 3 wheels? So surely only 3 people can fit inside? In a 1 - 2 seating arrangement?

WRONG

The peddles are offset to the RIGHT side of the center of the steering unit of choice.

"Steering Unit of choice"? What do you mean...

You can have handle bars...

sudong-5.jpg?x21786

OR A STEERING WHEEL...

sudong-6.jpg?x21786

So power plant? Hint is in the name, it's electric. A WHOPPING choice of 1Hp or 1.6Hp electric motor.

Top speed is 35Km/h & 45Km/h. Likewise battery will last around 50Km or 60Km pending on the battery. 

Price? For the Top 1.6 model is only $1052! Or the 1Hp is ONLY $530 (thats both in USD)

Shell we see if anyone in the UK is brave* enough to import one? 

More information can be found on the link: http://www.carnewschina.com/2017/01/10/i-always-wanted-to-have-a-pink-double-cab-3-wheel-pickup-truck-with-searchlights-on-the-roof-and-now-china-will-sell-me-one/

I sold a car (I sell VW's for a living) to a bloke last summer who owns the Aston Martin Atom. The only Aston Martin Atom. Ever made. The guy also owns two Delahayes which I hadn't heard of either. He bought a gorgeous Touareg to add to his collection. Well actually to tow his trailers to shows etc. He was a nice guy, very well respected in his field.

I sold a car (I sell VW's for a living) to a bloke last summer who owns the Aston Martin Atom. The only Aston Martin Atom. Ever made. The guy also owns two Delahayes which I hadn't heard of either. He bought a gorgeous Touareg to add to his collection. Well actually to tow his trailers to shows etc. He was a nice guy, very well respected in his field.

It's not a looker

Aston-Martin-Atom-Factory-Prototype-Conc

Mr. Bickle had a Colorale.  2.4 sidevalve engine, the same as my 1938 Novaquatre - and it was an ancient engine even in 1938, being directly descended from an engine introduced at the tail end of WW1.  Made 48bhp from 2.4 litres, so performance was "relaxed" for such a relatively big engine (although the Novaquatre was still by far the quickest pre-war car I've driven, and the only one that would cruise at 60).

Renault's 1950's crossover, the Colorale, available in 2 and 4 WD in the modern fashion. attachicon.gifVillemanoche-FR-89-Rassemblement_2015_des_véhicules_anciens-véhicules_exposés-21.jpg

I think I've saw one in France years ago but didn't know what it was- a robust offering for the 'colonial' market. It's also not much of a looker, so they got the essentials right for what has become a popular niche.

About 10 years ago Renault had a whole channel on The Sky box showing 24 hrs of adverts and promotional films that nobody would be sad enough to watch.

Well I say nobody...

There was an hour long film featuring 2 girls driving one of these around France. They slept in iIt and helped farmers with harvesting, towed a caravan, took Nuns to church, even entered some sort of rally or autotest. It was brilliant, I think they ended up in Paris meeting their parents or summat, proper cross over lifestyle shit from the 50's.

Renault Fuego GTA, basically a 21ised Fuego, unfortunately only the Argentinians got them.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sorry, that front end still looks like a Fuego, just with clear indicators and painted wings to me. Oh wait.....

post-17731-0-28744000-1485730184_thumb.jpg

Yep. Its still a Fuego from what I can see...

#TRWPLEB