For Sale - Saab 900 Convertible 2.5 V6 Auto

The Moog

Home 185 miles later, averaging 35 mpg (after I worked out how to reset the counter, think it was slighly over this)

2a4prnb.jpg

Bit of a long day, left home at 7.25 and got some petrol in the village, where an older chap asked if I was selling the MGF. Then didn't want to drive west to get to the A1 so went via A17 and A16 but stupidly went via Lincoln and got a bit lost as well as stuck behing every tractor and 40mph Tesco lorry in Lincolnshire.

After finally getting onto the A1 the traffic cleared but I arrived over 3 hours late at Barry Shitpeas' (sorry Barry, hope it didn't ruin your day too much). Barry very kindly showed me to the Metro to allow me to get the train to meet The Moog (only 1 hour late) to pick up the Saab.

I'm pretty sure if someone asked what did you do yesterday not many people would answer I drove someone elses sports car (who I had never met) with the hood down 250 miles before a 2 1/2 hour train journey to meet someone else you have never met off the internet picked up in a Pug 405 estate and driven up a dark deserted farm track to a large concrete outbuilding.

Fortunatly Will was not a mad murderer but someone selling a Saab which he kindly showed me round (and I hope you made it to your planned evening without delay) before that trip home.

Petrol station shot

6g8r69.jpg

Passed the journey doing around 60 as I was unsure that I had put enough petrol in. Then found fighter pilot steath dash mode and that passed the miles.

Ahhh the night button. I always fet scared i cant see what is happening with all the dials!

Glad you got back ok. Yep made it out in time. I managed to get 40mpg out of it but that is sticking to 55 ish. Problem is the loud pedal plus sport button mean many smiles and much less miles😊

Didn't use the sport button yesterday but a little go today, seems to match my normal manual gear changes more closely than cruise mode.

I did keep turning the dials back on to check the tempurature but it didn't move from dead centre once. With the display black and the light dimmed on the speedo it is very dark. :D

Couple of daylight pictures

2w4n0x1.jpg

24600p3.jpg

Overnight screen replacement, will be going indoors today so I can work out how to repair it.

All taxed and Insured now (Footman James, extra £6 on the policy + £25 admin fee). The Moog is an excellent seller, would use again A++++++

Drives really nicely, tracks straight, good turn of speed (I have been spolit by that MGF blast), extremely comfortable with really good heater and headlights.

Couple of areas to work on (but this car was an absolute steal at £200 - this is a to do list certainly not critism of the car apart from the screen it is all tiny stuff)

DIY fix for the missing rear screen

Throttle pedal seems a little sticky, WD40 to the rescue

Bonnet cable seems stiff, WD40 to the rescue

Touch of rust on the inside of the bood lid

Does it have heated seats? The buttons light up but no effect, will have a look under the seat for a starter.

Front right wheel lost some air overnight

Yep, Sorry just fitted the heated seat buttons as I found a pair at a local scrap yard. However most Saabs of that era had everything wired in, so hopefully the loom should just be under the seat to be plug and play.

Adding cruise control is also meant to be quite easy, just never got around to it.

Finally the "black panel" button does make everything dark, unless there is an issue with one of the gauges. Temp to high etc, then the appropriate one lights up.

Always fun to boot it with a load of revs, and watch the rev counter light itself up.

Glad its gone to a good home.

Cheers

Dave