1990 Mazda 626 - save or shun?

sallan91

Sorry for the late reply everybody, its been a busy weekend and I haven't had 2 mins to get on the computer.

Apologies mate. We had somebody start a thread about a Jag for sale a month or so ago who vanished who turned out to be a troll (and that was green too ;) )

Obvs you're legit.

I think that looks great. What would it get at auction? I reckon it might struggle to get £500 back to them plus associated costs. Did they give him £400 Px or is that the net with discount etc. if the former he would probably have got a better deal not doing a Px!!!!

Apologies mate. We had somebody start a thread about a Jag for sale a month or so ago who vanished who turned out to be a troll (and that was green too ;) )

Obvs you're legit.

No worries mate :) I've also had to wait on the moderator to approve all my posts as apparently my first 5 posts need to be approved which is a minor pain in the arse lol

It does need saving although £500 a bit salty methinks?

I think it's fairly reasonable but I can't go any lower, my work will charge me £500 to buy it and as I said earlier I'm not that bothered about making any money on it, I'm more bothered about saving it.

I think it's fairly reasonable but I can't go any lower, my work will charge me £500 to buy it and as I said earlier I'm not that bothered about making any money on it, I'm more bothered about saving it.

I don't think anyone expects you too - your work's admin fee makes a big difference on a car this price mind you!  Would have thought they would just want shot though without any more cost given it likely owes them nothing as it stands but thats not how these places work is it!

I don't think anyone expects you too - your work's admin fee makes a big difference on a car this price mind you!  Would have thought they would just want shot though without any more cost given it likely owes them nothing as it stands but thats not how these places work is it!

Yup, tell me about it. I don't think they expect to make much from auction-bound trade ins as a lot of them make a loss anyway. Instead, they'll make their money from the finance commission etc from the newer car that the customer bought off the forecourt.

Looks like its at A***** C***** Nissan in Edinburgh to me. 

When I bought a car from them when I worked there despite the sales dept doing utterly nothing to the car - it never even entered the premises going direct from rental fleet to my drive in one swoop - they insisted on the admin fee. 

Yes but you need to give them your car keys when you turn up and then £100 (refundable eventually) deposit to test drive it. Then when you decide its not for you it will take you hours to get your keys back so you can leave.

That would probably be the case with one of the cars for sale on the forecourt mate but not this 626, its far too old to go on the forecourt so is bound for auction, staff at my work are allowed to buy one auction-bound trade per year as a sort of perk of the job.

Just a reminder, I've got until approximately 7:30am tomorrow morning to buy this car before the auction company is sent a list of all cars needing collected (after that it's too late and I won't be allowed to buy).

I will only buy it if I know I can sell it to a caring owner and get back what I paid for it. As I've said before I just want to save it, as I highly suspect it would struggle to sell at auction and would simply end up scrapped.

£500, anyone?

Looks like its at A***** C***** Nissan in Edinburgh to me. 

When I bought a car from them when I worked there despite the sales dept doing utterly nothing to the car - it never even entered the premises going direct from rental fleet to my drive in one swoop - they insisted on the admin fee. 

Arnold Clark Nissan in Edinburgh is long gone mate, their old dealership was converted into a service and repairs dept for us about 8 or 9 years ago. A few of the folk at my work used to work at Nissan, when did you work there?

It's not going to make £500 round the block and there will be auction fees involved to the company. It's a gamble I suppose, buy it now while you get the chance to have a half decent look round it, or take a gamble it'll go cheaper at the auction. I reckon it'll likely see only about £250-£300 on a good day round the block, then fees to come off that.

It's not going to make £500 round the block and there will be auction fees involved to the company. It's a gamble I suppose, buy it now while you get the chance to have a half decent look round it, or take a gamble it'll go cheaper at the auction. I reckon it'll likely see only about £250-£300 on a good day round the block, then fees to come off that.

And not line arnold clarke's pockets further!

Anyone interested in a 626 twr coupe for £700? Went to look at a yard full of old mazdas recently with maybe 7 626's and 7 323's. I'll post some more pics of them soon...

By chance, there is also a 626 TWR coupe on Ebay starting at £350:   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-626-gt-/171526610042?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:GB:3160

Is the yard you speak above of the "Mazda Graveyard" on Facebook?

Sallan - Which auction will it end up in? BCA Ingliston? 

post-18080-0-20427600-1414971764_thumb.jpg

Don't know about Scotland but when I worked for Arnie a lot of stuff went to Manheim. Might be worth a look there?

In my days at Arnies they bought and sold stuff at every auction in Scotland, Manheim, Intercity, BCA, Central, SMA and Shotts. Although if the OP says his branch normally use SMA that would make sense as its probably the closest one to Edinburgh, and looking at the pictures the garage in question is Arnies Seafield Motor store as their Peugeot/Seat/Skoda/Renault branch is across the road and can be seen in the background of 1 photo.