P reg MGF 1.8 VVC in BRG hairdressers need not apply

purplebargeken

Ken very kindly picked me up from the train station in a surprisingly nice Hyundai (never been in one before). In the 20 second walk between the car and Ken's house the heavens opened. Spent a very nice 20 minutes having a chat with Ken and looking at Vulgalour's Amazon drawing which is awesome in the flesh.

Waved off by Ken in a 30 second gap in the rain and got the pictures Barry posted above. Ken may have* pointed out I still had the handbrake on as I left :oops:

Drove though North London in the pissing rain, the only fault with the car being a drip from the roof clamp which falls on your right hand on the wheel, managed to just make the M25 signs before the phone died. Crawled up the M11 still in the rain which seemed to be full of morons, the people doing 40 mph in the inside lane was ok but people coming out and doing 50mph, overtaking nothing and going back?

Anyway the MGF was pretty comfortable, quiet, warm, pretty poor dipped beam headlights, very responsive steering (or am I used to over damped Rover R8 pas?) and Ken being a top bloke left more than enough petrol to get to Cambridge.

Stopped just north of Cambridge as I didn't want to drop into the red (despite taking the wrong roundabout off the A14) at a BP on the A10. (terrible work blackberry pictures)

fbjevl.jpg

As it was the first time I had seen the inside of the car in the light I noticed that Barry might have some problems trying to sell the car on ebay if he ever wants to

x425x2.jpg

Now as it had stopped raining on this side of Cambridge and because I had never driven topless i had to give it a go

2qcoxm8.jpg

A great deal of fun, espically passing a firework display at Ely which was very impressive.

A nice drive back up the A10/A1101, the MGF seems to have a lot of grip (compaired to the Rover R8 Coupe) but lacks the low down torque, as I didn't get the revs up too much (not my car) I didn't get the VVC singing too much but the noise was very nice. Temp gauge stayed 1 bar below middle all the way back and no steam clouds behind.

Part 2 Norfolk to Newcastle will follow on Wednesday.

*did

0rJhIZg.jpg

So Lovely.

Dont be afraid to open the taps fella. It shall be hooned in my ownership, you might as well clear its throat and warm it up.

Glad you were able to get the top down, hopefully Wednesday will be bright and dry.

Many many thanks to Ken and Craig for pulling this all together.

AS is full of ALL the good people.

Craig, the car comes on song from 4K onwards, this is when the VVC kicks in and I do mean kicks in. It is addictive. You have to give it a go, especially in 3rd or 4th even.

The F cries out for a more fruity exhaust too. In all of the cars I have had, the grip in the F is amongst the very best. Front and rear Nexxens on the OS will just add more. The trick with these cars is to make sure it is all up to temp before hooning.

Fit some Nightbreakers!!!!

I couldn't resist the 20p, glad you noticed  :-D

Roof down at every opportunity. Hmm, roof drip. Mind you it was hammering it down, so I guess that wasn't bad. The hood is snug usually. 

Have fun folks!!!!

Cheers for that Ken. I have some Nightbreakers that I was going to put in the mazda, but can I fuck work out how to get into the Pop ups without dismantling them, so I think I'll put them in the F!

You have to dismantle them.  OK, you don't, but it's much easier.  10mm spanner to take the eyelids off, then you can see what you're doing.

I think it's already got them in, that (and the fact I changed the units for the raybrigs) is how I know!

Quite jealous of this actually, a late December hoon through the toon with the roof, er, doon, in one of these is really what started me off with cars.  Also learned dealer demonstrators are best avoided, because they've probably been ragged from cold before they're run in.

I know what these are worth, small dent near the boot badge, no timewasters.

It's on my watch list already M8  ;)

Remember in the spirit of the original offer, the HFHMGF will be made available at some point, I'll use it for a bit of the warm weather and pass it on when it gets MOTed in July most likely.

As is this...  :lol:

Well, good new is that CTP just kindly dropped the F off, after braving horrendous traffic coming north.

d8gdyyk.png

WmLFgf9.png

JDM Drift as Fuck

Fxh9KIb.png

F8tgEYI.png

EmCc5Wb.png

The not so good news is that my long, fat leg doesnt fit between the centre console and the steering wheel. Which makes changing gear and steering very difficult. 

Having gone through the rigmarole of purchase and putting PBK and CTP to so much trouble however, I am not giving up. I will try a deep dish steering wheel before making any rash decisions. Now that I'm in the owners club (£45 fucking quid) I must take my responibilites as an owner seriously, and not just bail at the first sign of trouble.

Oh, and in the 6 mins in which it took to walk CTP to the Metro station, the dog ate some of the owners manual and the corners of the last two MOTS.

Bitch.

PxqF4mN.png

Glad she is there ok. Fat legs are a bastard. Mine are fat but I am shorter, don't know if that makes any difference. Leg liposuction? Deep dish, hmm. What about the airbag? Actually screw the airbag. Not actually, just metaphorically. Please make it that you can drive her. Life will be more fun if you can.