Lancia Y10 trusted Shiter loan or sale £600

philibusmo

Excellent news on the MOT. I just realised that it was coming up and banged the details onto the DVLA MOT check and found its good until 2017. That was a nice surprise, thanks for sorting it Skut.

One thing that I have thought of is that it could do with an oil and filter change as its probably not been done since it left me. How is it running these days by the way?

Excellent news on the MOT. I just realised that it was coming up and banged the details onto the DVLA MOT check and found its good until 2017. That was a nice surprise, thanks for sorting it Skut.

One thing that I have thought of is that it could do with an oil and filter change as its probably not been done since it left me. How is it running these days by the way?

Its running well, drove it to work this morning.    Its still a bit grumpy when cold but nothing you can't drive around.   Oil could do with a change, its not black yet but its starting to go that way.   It oddly spat out rather a lot of gearbox oil when it stood in a lockup for a couple of weeks.  Topped that up with engine oil as its got yellow metal bearings.    CV boots are fine so a bit of mystery.      

I PMed Aldo and he's not in position to take the car anymore so new custodian needed.   I don't mind hanging on to it until we have new custodian.

With regards to the gearbox oil, the inner CV boots are inserted into a cradle which is then bolted to the box, the CV boots then fill with gearbox oil. I think this is the most likely cause of leak, if not, there is a filler and drain plug on the front of the box which may be loose but unlikely.

• 2 months later...

Any idea what's going on with this fantastic wee beastie at the moment? I've sort-of started writing a post about my summer of love ladt year with this magnificent car, more to follow.

Still with me.   I was thinking its really time it had a new custodian.   Other people have the right to enjoy its charms and its only a ten minute walk from Dundee train station.

• 2 months later...

Right then, I'm going to be back in the UK for a couple of weeks at the end of December. Does anyone know where this is or does anyone want to take it off my hands on a more permanent basis, as it looks like I won't be living in the UK any time soon and my parents are becoming tired of all the spares sat in the loft which would go with the car.

I'm sure some sort of white relay or delivery services can be sorted if someone was interested in the little blighter.

I have PMed Phil as well as the post above. If it's within my budget I would be more than happy to take it on. How it gets from Dundee to Tamworth is another matter but it can be sorted I am sure. I had a look at train v plane and plane is just as cheap but goes via Schipol and takes just as long.

Skut will need £120 chucking his way to put an end to the loan scheme.

On top of that I sat that £480 would secure it, so £600 overall. Does that seem fair? The only logistical issue is the car is in Dundee and the spares are in Devon, so they could hardly be further apart, but the spares will all come with the car for the purchase price.

That sounds a bargain, if the spares pile includes engine electronics, airflow wotsit etc, I'd be interested in borrowing them to diagnose the poor running on mine,  it's almost like its missing a cylinder at times then works fine.  Bloody thing.  It will get to a proper mechanic next year to get it right.  Cost me a small fortune to have the back end welded up though thankfully the sills were ok.

If all other offers/sales fall through I could give it a home or help find it another, I know of a couple of guys who run y10's who might be interested.

Skut will need £120 chucking his way to put an end to the loan scheme.

On top of that I sat that £480 would secure it, so £600 overall. Does that seem fair? The only logistical issue is the car is in Dundee and the spares are in Devon, so they could hardly be further apart, but the spares will all come with the car for the purchase price.

That's out of my price range at the moment unfortunately :-( it looks like it's over to M'coli..........

I need to collect a van from near Exeter in the next couple of weeks.  If it's me thats collecting it I'm happy to call by Phils place on the way back to collect the spares but I won't be able to store them for very long.  If it's not me collecting it would someone else be able to put them in the van?  It's at a garage about 5 miles south east of Exeter after hitting a big rock.

I would love to take the Y10 on but currently have 50% too many cars and very little spare money.

drop me a PM with Deets..

I can possibly see a plan forming..

I may just do that when I've had enough to drink...

If anyone else wants to jump in with the dosh, please do so - don't hang around waiting for me to be decisive, I've got enough on my plate as it is...

Sorry for the lack of response to this. I'm currently the busiest man in one of the the most laid back countries.

Anyways, Mcoli seems hot favourite so far to be the new owner of this wee Italian rocket pony. I'm back between the 16th and 30th of December. I won't be able to devote all the time to no longer owning this car but will do what I can.

Exeter isn't too far away at all from Tiverton where the parts are stored so the van is seeming to be a good option if that's possible.

This happened early yesterday morning. Phils been informed. Absolutely appalled. Don't know what else to say really. They tried to break the steering lock despite the Y10 being boxed in by the Alto. The steering lock seems to have defeated them bit they have mangled it so it cant steer and the steering wheels been bent out of shape. They mangled the one colour coded door.

I can get a door albeit white and a have a few steering wheels but i don't have a steering column. Can anybody help?

post-18268-0-01062800-1478507404_thumb.jpg

post-18268-0-35511500-1478507420_thumb.jpg

post-18268-0-86557300-1478507435_thumb.jpg

post-18268-0-04727100-1478507452_thumb.jpg

Wankers. We returned from a night clubbing in bournemouth to find 2 scrotes doing this to a friends M reg clio. I won't say what happened as we did catch them before they could run away...

Hope it gets sorted. If you find any parts in Oxon, Bucks or Berks let me know and I'll try to aid in collection/