Lancia Y10 trusted Shiter loan or sale £600

philibusmo

We're all mad for shite loan schemes but now this needs a test on it we're all a bit quiet. Is there anywhere local to you that does cheapy £25/30 mots? Might be worth a try if its all running and driving ok and will make it easier for the next guy.

We're all mad for shite loan schemes but now this needs a test on it we're all a bit quiet. Is there anywhere local to you that does cheapy £25/30 mots? Might be worth a try if its all running and driving ok and will make it easier for the next guy.

There are a few, main issue is my complete lack of mechanical skills which could quickly ramp up the price. The garage I normally use are trustworthy but charge the full whack

Well you don't wanna be spending out on labour to fix this that and the other do you. But if you could get it tested for £30 that's probably money worth spending right? It might even pass! and if it doesn't, its just gonna be a balljoint or a bulb or a sticky brake or summert fairly low -level.

For goodness sake people, it's about £50 for an MOT (which I'm practically certain it will pass with no issues) to have use of a car for as many months as takes your fancy.

Will somebody just take on this old crate, even if it means a train and a pre-booked MOT. I'll get a list of all the parts that are sat in my parents loft in Devon up shortly because if there is a Ransome bush or something amiss then it is likely to be available for the cost of postage. Plus almost everything mechanical on this car is ridiculously simple and even an ape with fingers of butter and fists of ham could fix it with a decent set of spanners.

I've already offered to chip in for the MOT, and if I wasn't off on holiday next week I'd take it on for the next stint too. NC, chuck us your PayPal ID and I'll send you the MOT test. If you can find a place that does free re-tests, even better. I might even find the time to pick it up during the first week of June ( before Shitefest) between interviews and medical appointments.

I know there was a queue but now I think we just need someone to say they'll collect it. As mentioned I can cover at least part of the train fare and will leave the stereo I professionally* wired in so you have something toblisten to on the way home

If Negative Creep can put it in for MOT, I'm happy to contribute to costs and if it takes the pressure off of Red5, willing to queue-jump stewardship (and thus it goes to its most northern posting and can thus make its way home via the next two).

Keep me informed.

As it appears I have just broken/fractured my leg playing bloody 5-a-side that would help. I don't want to lose my place, but am aware of pressure on space, especially on Negative at the moment and don't want to mess him about (any more).

As it appears I have just broken/fractured my leg playing bloody 5-a-side that would help. I don't want to lose my place, but am aware of pressure on space, especially on Negative at the moment and don't want to mess him about (any more).

Aw, nae luck red5, that's a bummer - I've still got the plate and screws in my right leg from breaking it. I hope it's not serious, and that the medical staff are more attractive than the ones who attended me.

Righto, this needs sorting out for Negative Creep's sake if nowt else.

red5, are you ok to postpone your stewardship until the return leg of this wee cracker's journey?

Pillock, are you ok to do as you mentioned, considering the car's currently in Plymouth, going by Negative Creep's location?

Otherwise, I'm prepared to get Shipley quotes and that to get it up here if all are agreed that's a good thing to stop the stalemate.

Plymouth? Erm.... Wow, there's a lesson in getting all your facts first.

I won't say no, but I'll have to organise a day to do it. If the offer if free train tickets from (whoever it was) still stands that may ease the progress.... Let me check my diary.

Who is geographically nearest? Perhaps a shite relay might work? Lack of MOT would just prevent overnight movements... "Yes officer, I've got it booked in in Leicestershire.... Yeah, the 2.30am slot". As long as everyone knows where it's going and the story checks out.

Failing that, realistically how much to shift a little car a few hundred miles?

Aw, nae luck red5, that's a bummer - I've still got the plate and screws in my right leg from breaking it. I hope it's not serious, and that the medical staff are more attractive than the ones who attended me.

So far it's 'come back if it still hurts'....wouldn't be here if i thought it was a 'bit sore'....

Sorry to hear about your predicament Red5, hopefully it will clear up in time for you to get some use of it

Plymouth? Erm.... Wow, there's a lesson in getting all your facts first.

I won't say no, but I'll have to organise a day to do it. If the offer if free train tickets from (whoever it was) still stands that may ease the progress.... Let me check my diary.

Who is geographically nearest? Perhaps a shite relay might work? Lack of MOT would just prevent overnight movements... "Yes officer, I've got it booked in in Leicestershire.... Yeah, the 2.30am slot". As long as everyone knows where it's going and the story checks out.

Failing that, realistically how much to shift a little car a few hundred miles?

I have a pair of first class tickets for any FGW train that I'll happily post to the collector. This would cover London, Worcester, Swansea, Southampton, Reading and pretty much everywhere inbetween. They expire at the end of the month though and are only valid on First Great Western trains. Also I would need to get the £120 deposit from whoever did collect it

Looks like a plan is falling into place. Here are the spares that are available should they be need. Most I am certain you'll never need, such as bonnet rubbers and 5 door mirrors and hopefully you'll never need any of it.

If you do find you need any of the below, shout and I'll get my parents to grab the part for you to either pick up or have posted.

Lancia Spares List

Box 1:

Handbrake cable

Brake shoes

Water pump

Front lower arm bush (x2)

Rear brake hose

Air filter

Gasket set

Clutch Kit

Crank TDC position sensor

Ignition (HT) leads

Magnetic Marelli Digiplex 2 (ignition module)

Bosch Jetronic (airflow sensor and ECU) - unknown if working

Rear view mirror x2

Clock and Map Light

Boot latch cover (brown)

Steering rack gaiter

Coat hook

Rear shock absorber

Boot strut

Front Fog lamp surround (x2 white)

Rear shock absorber bushes (x8)

Front anti roll bar bushes (x4)

Coil (x2)

Water flow sensor/sender

Rear hatch 'Lancia' badge

Under radio felt padding/sound proofing

Footwell kick panel trims (brown, light damage, both sides)

Footwell kick panel trim (black large crack, drivers side only)

Fuel cap trim ring

Rotor arm

Box 2:

Dash instrument binnacle spares various ( except speedo)

Box 3:

Front and rear standard road springs

Box 4:

Front track control arm

Wiper arm

Inner door handle

Wiring loom shroud (30cm approx)

Spare wheel fastener

Jack and wheel brace

Air intake tubing

Interior grab handles (x3)

Starter motors (x2)

Fuse box

Washer bottle

Radiator electric fan

Rear brake cylinders (x2)

Rear ash trays (both sides)

Dash alcantara trim panel (above cigarette lighter)

Bosch Jetronic (airflow sensor and ECU) working with airbox attached

Interior door handle trims

Drivers door mirror (x2)

Passenger door mirror (x2)

Sun visors (both sides)

Interior light

Clock and map light

Thermostat (possibly incorrect part)

Generic electronic ignition module

Passenger seat belt

Rear light clusters (both sides x2)

Partial Ignition wiring loom

Door latch

Column stalks (brown with badly repaired headlight stalk)

Column stalks (black with broken headlight stalk)

Headlamps and lenses (both sides)

Upper door seal (x1)

Rear window seals (both sides)

Box 5:

Central locking unit

Door to body wiring shrouds (x2)

Rear wash flexi cord

Front seat belt rear trim (brown)

Drivers exterior door handle and lock (key in fuel cap)

Fuel cap and key

Door catch

Resistor coil

Bonnet rubbers (x2)

Drivers door mirror

Heater fan

Interior vent tube

Dash rubber seal

Rear seat belt catch

Boot catch

Drivers side air vent (brown)

Lower steering column shroud (brown)

Upper steering column shroud (brown)

Unboxed Spares:

Radiator (for 1.1 so reduced depth)

GTie front grille

LX front grille

Front strut brace

M'coli has suggested I get it to Tiverton, only downside is I'd somehow have to book an MOT in the morning, go straight from there regardless of the result and find my way back. I don't have a day off during the week for some time now so not sure when it would be feasible to do this

As stated in the News 24 thread it went straight through the MOT so is now fully road legal for its next owner. As I did mention before, if any future owners of this would like to make a small contribution towards to the test fee (a fiver would be fine) I would be very grateful