Lancia Y10 trusted Shiter loan or sale £600

philibusmo

Cheers Phil. Its been shit but I have the easier end of the bargain.

Here's some up to date 'quality' pictures. Lighting not great but you get the general idea. Fit on the door is good, opens, shuts locks etc. Gaps and sealing look fine. Metal damage was mercifully limited to the door.

Column seems to work fine although its lower set than the bus driver stance I would have expected from a Panda column. Its still within the limits of what was possible with the original setup. I reckon it feels more substantial than the adjustable item as they seem to get abit loose feeling with age.

The only downside is the plastic cowl is wobbly as the captive nuts arnt present to fully secure it

post-18268-0-09756600-1481752760_thumb.jpg

post-18268-0-34062900-1481752776_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is now available for further shiters to borrow or buy permanently and is in the much easier to get to location of Durham! Its with a mate of mine who likes it a great deal, just sadly the other occupants of his house do not.

Currently it will need an MOT end of next month which is a bit of a crapper but it's all taxed and ready to go for the moment and as it's still done fairly minimal milage i don't expect it will need much, if anything. Apparently it's still in much the same condition as it was in Skuts last posts.

So options are, if you want to borrow it then make your way to Durham with £120 (which you'll then get back from.the next person who has it) and i'll put you in touch with Phil who currently has it. Alternatively turn up to Durham with £120 and take it off Phil's hands, then bank transfer me a further £480 and it's all yours to keep. I'll then get the V5c sorted in your name and everyone is a winner.

To conclude up for loan again (£120 deposit) or for sale at £600.

All good for a couple of weeks wait. I've let the current custodian know that I'm going to be unable to follow this up with any urgency on account of being in Vietnam for a couple of weeks but it will need to be gone in the vaguely near future.

I collected the white hen this afternoon, lovely to do a collection northwards, great scenery, quiet roads, I'd like to retire up there*.

Didn't take any pictures or do a pez shot.  Car drove really well, picks up in 5th, car is low, stiff and feels very planted compared to the pandas.  As it is now occupying the driveway spot vacated by the donor panda I took the liberty of covering it  cuz neighbours.  What they can't see they can't complain about - in theory.

post-17396-0-87972300-1493503353_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-05942500-1493503358_thumb.jpg

I will have a tinker, horn wasn't working so needs to be sorted for the mot next month and the brake warning light stays on.

*subject to availability of 2 car garages and 6 car drives for £100k

Good stuff - I may need to pop over and have a fond fondle after work one day (I'm working in Greetland ATM).

You'd be most welcome!

Thats great news. With regards the horn id pop the horn push off and check the two contact springs are there. I was sure id put them back but now im having doubts.

Yes, I'm familiar with that design, I have a autobianchi steering wheel on the 4x4 panda!  It's a bit odd as the GTiE originally had a MOMO wheel!

Is this still on the loan scheme? I'd love to have a little go at some stage.

I intend to buy it (once Phil is back from darkest Vietnam), as the spares that come with it (once they can be liberated from storage) should help resurrect the one I have in the garage as well as being a helpful reference to what's duff on mine and causing it to lose power sporadically.

I will put it back into "shitters circulation" once mine is back on the road so fear not, you'll all get a go eventually!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...