Help!! I've been done.

Tetleysmooth

Well, the Previa I bought on Monday isn't quite as the seller described.

I asked him loads of questions about it, particularly about water usage. He told me it didn't use any oil or water.

I've had to top the water up every day apart from one. There's no visible sign of leakage, so I can only assume where it's going.

It starts and runs perfectly, doesn't overheat, even in standing traffic. No oil in the water, no water in the oil. Toasty heater. But, the water useage is enough for me to condemn it.

I can get 220 quid if I run it into a yard near me.

So, I'm going to do just that probably, unless someone on here fancies a challenge.

I never did quite lose the Volvo love, so that's what I'm going to aim for again.

I've seen an 850 GL on Gumtree going for a tad more than I'm getting for the Previa, but if anyone on here has something, please give me a shout via the pm.

Ideally, I'd like an auto estate.

Can anyone offer me anything?

Ta people.

The petrol version doesn't normally crack their heads, it's the diesels that do that.

It still runs very well and is pretty bloomin' good on juice too, better than my other Previa I had.

I did bosh some K seal in it earlier this week, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

I don't think I can be bothered with it actually.

That Steel Seal is quite expensive isn't it? And you have to put 2 bottles in apparently.

Can you borrow one of those pressure testing kits from somewhere? Could be something simple like a hose that's leaking under pressure/once warm or the expansion bottle. Probably worth a try before you weigh it in.

Buy an old rad cap, drill a hole in the top and pull a tyre valve through, using araldite etc* to seal it. Screw it down tight and use an airline to inflate until hoses are rock hard and check for dribbleage. Don't over inflate 4 OBVIOUS RAISINS.

Thanks for all this input fellas, but I really just can't be bothered to be honest.

The Volvo I just sold didn't use a spot of oil or water, and I rather got used to that scenario.

I'm pretty much gutted about this, after the sellers reassurances that it didn't use any water.

I'll see if anyone fancies it before Tuesday, then I'll have to bridge it.

I'm going to sort some pics this morning.

They are lovely to drive. I drove our neighbours diesel version. A couple of months along it shat its HG for the second time. They were very sensitive to the correct type of coolant I think. 

Seriously TS, take it to a trusted local and get them to pressure test. A crying shame to bridge for what might be a really simple fix. Has to be worth a look.

*Speechless*

would you just bin it if you had found the headlights didnt work? or would you check the bulbs first?

If it drives fine and the oil is fine, then you NEED to just do/get a pressure test on the coolant system. Its criminal to scrap a perfectly shite car for what may turn out to be a loose jubilee clip on the feed to the heater matrix or some other bit of slightly hard to see pipe.

Yes, if the HG is gone, then its probably not worth fixing, especially if you have to pay a garage to do it, but if it only needs 20 minutes of fiddling.....