Doobietoo's unbuild thread

doobietoo

So now my five posts are done i can start spamming the site with an unbuild thread... first let me give you an insight into my car history. I have been driving autoshite since the 70's and have owned about 100 cars at the rate of 2 or 3 a year all of which have cost less than £1000 and most between £50 and £200 so now i am now officially old but still drive and build rubbish cars. My daily is a Renner Safrane of 1998 2.5 variety. This is auto comfy moderately quick and supremely boring. It has also been utterly reliable and passed it mot first time. It can eat up the motorway miles on cruise and even return over 30mpg at normal motorway speeds :ph34r: . So i use it almost exclusively for the 8 mile backroads commute to work 4 days a week.

Mrs Doobietoo has a Toyota yaris in silver which has at least one dent on each panel as befits her status as a female of the species and has iffy steering and no sound insulation so is uncomfortable at any speed... This is the car we use for motorway journeys as it does 50 to the gallon.

In the garage i have a 1964 Austin 1100 which is my project car bought for a very reasonable £170 on fleabay. So far i have removed all four doors, the bonnet, the boot and thrown them away also removed is what was left of the interior and i am busy taking off the few remaining bits. Fortunately it came with the engine and gearbox already removed so i didnt have to remove them....so no building there

Once i have removed everything i will sort the rust and put it all together again hopefully..... Originally i was planning to fit a Rover KV6 engine but have realised it isnt going to fit so i have decided on a 1.4 K series engine with added turbo stupidity as i want a reliable engine :-D ... So if anyone has or knows of a 95 or earlier wet liner DOHC rover 214 or 414 with a bit of MOT on it for sensible money give me a shout...  anyway no thread is complete without pics so here are a few....

Saffy....

20131208_122918_zpsd2f27d32.jpg

20131208_122947_zps927d249b.jpg

Austin....

20140713_160704_zpscd2c8de4.jpg

20140713_160711_zpsb8b12c70.jpg

20140907_160040_zpse47f2ae1.jpg

20141018_165403_zps61fe0379.jpg

As you can see this work is taking place in my shite garage which is full of shite up to the rafters and really isnt big enough but is better than lying on rough tarmac with water dripping into your eyes from an oily engine....which i have endured for the last 30 years....Oh the luxury.....

Love your Austin 1100, although itll have to be rebadged Austin 1400 when you convert it!

Im not a fan of the K series myself but itll be an interesting conversion and definatly make it a bit quicker. Has anyone done one before I wonder? I know its fairly common on MG Midgets etc but dont think ive ever heard of it done to one of these.

Welcome along, I love the Renault, they are lovely things to waft about in. That should be the Volvo engined model too so it;'s pretty reliable.

It seems that way but i dont like to tempt fate... Anyway where was i ...oh yes my Dads cars...

I come from a long line of shite car drivers my dad bought 3 new cars in his life a 1700 marina of which the only good thing was the rectangular spot lights in the grill which came on with the main beam they were halogen and after crappy standard lights it was like driving in daylight, anyway i pissed on his pride in buying a new car by driving into it a couple of days afterwards in my Austin A40 damage to the A40 was a dented bumper damage to dads car £300 which in 1979 was A LOT.  I seem to remember it was in the ever popular champagne gold colour. He followed this with his second new car a Lada riva 1200 in an awful cream colour with dark brown seats and as if that wasn't bad enough he followed it with a Hyundai Accent in dark green.  So as you can see owning Shite runs in the family.... 

Love your Austin 1100, although itll have to be rebadged Austin 1400 when you convert it!

Im not a fan of the K series myself but itll be an interesting conversion and definatly make it a bit quicker. Has anyone done one before I wonder? I know its fairly common on MG Midgets etc but dont think ive ever heard of it done to one of these.

Oh my lord, don't suggest that, he'll be pursued and berated by the anoraks who will insist he uses original crossply tyres on it!!