Rovah SeventyFive CeeDeeTee Connoisseur Emmanuel Tourer

warninglight

Anyone interested in a nice 75 diesel connoisseur SE tourer in Moonstone Green?

I bought this to MOT and replace my girlfriend's similar spec saloon, but she's decided she doesn't like the colour so now I CBA doing anything with it...

I bought it 2 or 3 weeks ago from its original owner, it's a clean car throughout really, but has been off the road for a year or 18 months.

Things it needs;

Clutch (Not immediately, but it's on its way)

Couple of tyres (Crown 15" alloys so nice and cheap)

Battery (One with it which might respond to a smart charge but I think it's goosed)

Possibly a brake pipe or two

Other than that I haven't spotted anything else!

165,000 ish miles

Nivomat self levellers in the rear

New alternator, PAS pump and belts in 2012 (bill for £950!)

It has lovely green leather seats, electric, heated

Paintwork has some small areas of scratches from what I'm told was some kids trying to remove tar spots, should buff out. No dents or anything that I can see, some paint missing from the trailing edge of the driver's door.

I'll fit a good grille to it when I'm back

Hard plastic load liner fitted

Retractable load cover is there, and works

2 keys

Some history (including original order form and invoice)

Webasto fuel burning heater (I have no idea how this works though - the saloon has a controller thing for its one but I've still never got it working)

I'm thinking £600, I'm happy to stick it on the trailer and deliver after next weekend for fuel costs. Open to offers, of course...

I just realised how shit my photos of it are, I will of course take some better ones when I'm back at the weekend.

10710966_10152515757233843_7743145517897

10374486_10152515757728843_4543403916357

1530382_10152515758263843_54394260772799

Re the Webasto heater....unless you override with the controller, it will only light when you start up and the outside temp is below 4 degrees or so. You can fool it by shorting out the wiring to the outside temp sensor which is...well, I dont know where it is on a rover. On a freelander its behind the lower grill in the front bumper. If it has failed to light three times, it shuts down and needs reset which you do by pulling and replacing the relevant fuse.

As it lights, you should hear its fan whirring and a rhythmic clicking from its doser pump. If it constantly fails to light, its probably fucked. There are repair manuals online if you are motivated. The first time it lights after a long period of inactivity its likely to kick out a huge plume of grey smoke and maybe make screeching, howling noises from its wee exhaust. Thats normal-ish and will clear itself out in a few minutes.

Brilliant things when they are working.

The saloon has a gizmo that you can apparently pop a SIM in and text it to wake it up from your bed on a cold morning.

Never figured out how to use it though. Would be tempted to fit one to the Disco as it's the winter vehicle, no point doing it the default way though as it warms up about a bajillion times faster than a 75 diesel...