Cheap but reliable car transportation?

gtd2000

I'm currently looking at a car on the Bay for a new daily driver - I suspect that it will go beyond my budget but one of the major factors is the amount of money I'd need to pay to transport the car which reduces my odds even further...Car is based in/around Huddersfield (not sure of exact location) and (if I won) would need to be transported to TD1 (Scottish Borders - Galashiels)A Scottish transportation company has quoted approx 300 quid but thats a fair percentage of the vehicle value...I'm over in Holland so don't really have the option of picking it up myself you see... :( Any cheap n cheerful recommendations? :twisted:

Pay one of us to drive it over - an Autoshite road trip and mini holiday to Holland. Sounds good to me!

I'm happy to pay somebody to drive it up to Scotland - I'm back on the 19/20th of December...need to bring back my current DD at that pointAnybody looking for a trip to Edinburgh way...? :Doh and on the matterof mini-holiday in Holland - just let me know.... :wink:

D'you know I completetly misread that and thought that you wanted a car taking from Scotland to Holand! :roll: When does the auction end then and I will have a look in my diary - what is it anyway? Something suitably shonky?

D'you know I completetly misread that and thought that you wanted a car taking from Scotland to Holand! :roll:

When does the auction end then and I will have a look in my diary - what is it anyway? Something suitably shonky?

It's a Hyundai Coupe - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110316632074

I'll only be making a last minute bid on it if it doesn't get too silly - appears like it will be based on todays activity alone...

Looks in good order and low mileage (supposedly) :wink:

Moffats not that far away:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=moffat,+scotland&daddr=galashiels,+scotland&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=55.636523,-2.749329&sspn=0.277501,0.615234&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10

Hyundai Coupe (1996-02)

3Dr Coupe 1.6 16v (Revised 2000) (2000/W)

Car valuation adjusted for 26,000 miles

Retail: £1,527

Private Good: £1,297

Private Average: £1,127

Private Poor: £957

Part Exchange: £1,207

Trade: £1,148

It's not the one with 26000 on the clock is it?

This is a very reluctant sale the only reason is that i am pregnant with twins and i have had to buy a people carrier , i am guttered .

:D:D :DEdit: Too slow, M'coli, too slow! However, it not being a shonk-box might make it easier to get such a delivery past the wife!

It's not the one with 26000 on the clock is it?

This is a very reluctant sale the only reason is that i am pregnant with twins and i have had to buy a people carrier , i am guttered .

:D:D :DEdit: Too slow, M'coli, too slow! However, it not being a shonk-box might make it easier to get such a delivery past the wife!
eee ooop aye 'tis :wink:

if you win it let me know as I may be able to divert my train journey and pick it up for you as I'm heading back to Melrose next Tuesday morning......or if anyone else needs a motor picked up in the smoke dropped of in a generally northern direction....DUNC

if you win it let me know as I may be able to divert my train journey and pick it up for you as I'm heading back to Melrose next Tuesday morning......or if anyone else needs a motor picked up in the smoke dropped of in a generally northern direction....DUNC

The bloody thing went about a grand over the book price and it still didn't meet the reserve price! :roll: I wonder if she was "guttered" about that - she's in roofing apparently... :lol: Are you from Melrose then? I'm from Stow (originally)Cheers for the offer though :wink: