WANTED - RELIANT ENGINE SPEARS OR REAPERS

Mr_Bo11ox

Hey does anyone have a Reliant engine knocking about? Doesn’t matter which version, or if its completely knackered or missing a few bits. Can’t pay loads but I am not expecting it to be free! Why do i want it? I am going on another ‘date’ and I have this idea that a knackered Reliant engine would be much better received than a bunch of flowers in this case. If anyone has one, PM me… if successful (in acquiring an engine!) I will explain all!  or call me O78OO 123456.

Well whoever it is I now have a mental image of you turning up at their doorstep with a fist of bent camshafts and pistons backed by a spray of sprockets and shattered gearbox innards welded together.  Of course it's all wrapped artfully in a sheet of tin foil with a gaffer tape bow.

I think I've worked this one out, I'm a little out of touch with the old dating game, but as I recall all too often a date would finish off as the backbreaking toil of digging a grave into the early hours. Now take an engine block along for ballast, find the nearest canal, easy peasy lemon squeasey and home in time for Corrie.

I suppose if it doesn't work out well, you could always syringe some of that Rover 75 gunk into your scrundaps and tell her it's too late as you suffer from premature ejackseriesulation.

Swallow a bottle of K-seal for max effect and tell her you'll go for a gypsy's kiss and be back next week. 

Yo ceri, sounds like an interesting option..... I need to get my four-stroke love token ready by a week on Friday. Is it at all feasible to whip this engine out on Sat am? Also does anyone know if a bare VW engine can feasibly be carried upstairs by one person? (don't ask)

Also does anyone know if a bare VW engine can feasibly be carried upstairs by one person? (don't ask)

Not unless you're Charles Atlas. I can't carry a DAF flat-2 up stairs, and that only has half the cylinders.

Edit : The internets tell me the VW long block is around 120kg, so even with the flywheel off it's likely to weigh more than you !

I'm sure i have single-handedly picked up a Reliant engine in the past so maybe I should stick to that strategy.

59kg according to the internets, so half the VW weight. Still heavy enough to do your back in, though. If I had to carry any engine up flights of stairs I'd probably choose one out of a moped !