SOLD! Up/down crazy part-ex prices assured!

Cavcraft

Fanny Magnet Look Everyone My Knob Works My First Baby Is due In 8 Months So Must Sell My Perfectly Bleeding Good Estate Car Because I'm A Knob Warbler 7 seat PPL CRARIER

2000 Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 16V (X16XEL, I think, engine code enthusiasts)

MOT October 2015

Drive you home tax

88,000 miles

Had new handbrake cables for MOT and had recent service and new cat.

Drives ace*

No major dents, scratches, rust or general nastiness*

5 speed manual, rear seats fold flat into boot, middle seats can slide backwards and forwards.

Aftermarket CD player of the variety you'd expect from someone who owns second hand Vauxhalls. But it works and can get R2, so YOLO, or something

Finished,as you can see, in LUCKY metallic green.

No wheeltrims, if this is an issue I'll try and get some Vauxhall ones but may be drawn by the magic allure of mingeness to whoever sells nasty new ones cheap enough

zafira oct 14.jpg

zafira oct 14a.jpg

Value is probably subjective* and I'd like to think it's decent VFM because it's not the usual second hand 7 seater that's been attacked by several families with several snot losing, crayon handed little fuckers. 

Erm, £650 ono? Collect from Chester, though could meet somewhere I suppose if there's a deal to be had.

I'd like cash really but would ponder a cheaper part ex or a swap maybe. What floats my boat? Obviously nothing VW or Audi, and probably no Fords from 1998 or so onwards. Maybe. Something a bit stupid or a bit automatic with leather and a V6 engine would be nice. Must have a decent MOT on it and CBA spending unless I have to.

*Subjective to your own subjectivity.

Fanny Magnet Look Everyone My Knob Works My First Baby Is due In 8 Months So Must Sell My Perfectly Bleeding Good Estate Car Because I'm A Knob Warbler 7 seat PPL CRARIER

Ha! So true and that reminds me of a guy I worked with a few years ago, his first baby was on the way so one day he was on the net looking at some shitty brand new Hyundai 7 seater things......because his A3 was never going to be big enough. Im no expert with babies prams and shit like that but why on earth he needed to go overkill with the family bus, ffs mate its only a baby on the way not an African country !!

As you were..

I must admit when we had our first sproglet, I was a little disappointed with how little boot space I had in the ZX after putting a pushchair in it.

Naturally I went to carcraft and signed my life away on a mortgage repayment-esq loan agreement for some stinky, shabby Ford Galaxy with 2 knackered tyres and a mouldy nappy down the back of one of the seats. and bought a Xantia estate for £500.

If you had something quirky, less green and Vauxballs are all shite then I could be teeny tempted with a poss swaperoo for a vehicle that contained said V6 and leather. 

I've only really got Vauxhalls to be honest. I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of the SAAB, but ideally I'd want a 6 banger E46, or better still a CLK for that. Next on the hit list was going to be my Vectra CDTi, but I actually like that a lot and the economy and tow bar  make it too useful to sell.

Pushchairs are fupping massive great wanky Behemoths of things. I thought my Astra Coupe boot was cavernous until trying to put my son's pram into it. If you want to be able to carry other, useful things with you once the pram is loaded in, like, say the driver, then you do need a surprisingly large car.

I must admit when we had our first sproglet, I was a little disappointed with how little boot space I had in the ZX after putting a pushchair in it.

Naturally I went to carcraft and signed my life away on a mortgage repayment-esq loan agreement for some stinky, shabby Ford Galaxy with 2 knackered tyres and a mouldy nappy down the back of one of the seats. and bought a Xantia estate for £500.

Mine was identical, but I bought an XM Estate!

She's mumbling about another one. Mmmmm, do I stay with citroen or join the SVM?

Pushchairs are fupping massive great wanky Behemoths of things. I thought my Astra Coupe boot was cavernous until trying to put my son's pram into it. If you want to be able to carry other, useful things with you once the pram is loaded in, like, say the driver, then you do need a surprisingly large car.

We bought the Meriva for that reason! The £600 pram my parents bought on pay weekly from Very wouldn't fit in the Corsa, so we took it with us to look at cars and it slots in the back of a neriva a treat!

Its now in mums loft as its bulky, a pain in the are and Eva's outgrown it a bit...

Ha! So true and that reminds me of a guy I worked with a few years ago, his first baby was on the way so one day he was on the net looking at some shitty brand new Hyundai 7 seater things......because his A3 was never going to be big enough. Im no expert with babies prams and shit like that but why on earth he needed to go overkill with the family bus, ffs mate its only a baby on the way not an African country !!

As you were..

shows you are out of touch- as the new generation of pushchair/buggy is designed to be bigger when folded than when being pushed lol

Have you seen some of these modern prams nowadays? I seem to remember those deckchair style prams were immensely easy to push because they were light and really manoeuvrable do to the balance of a wheels on the bottom, child in the centre, and handles on the top, and the wheels aren't about 10 inches wide. If I had a kid I'd be pushing it round in one of those things, and wouldn't care about someone with a 1,000 pound pram laughing at me.

Aye, but do you remember those BFO SilverCross ones? It was like trying to push a bobcat skidsteer up Porlock Hill when you were pissed, with one arm behind your back with a force 9 gale against you.

Sorry, back on topic... is this Zaf too small for Tetley_smooth?

If not, maybe there's a deal to be done for his V70.

http://autoshite.com/topic/18220-1997-volvo-v70-25-20-valve-auto-for-sale-now-with-pics/?hl=tetleysmooth&do=findComment&comment=637706

Thanks for thinking of me Joe.

Not really a Zafira person, plus it's got three pedals.

2000 Vauxhall Zafira

You had me right up to there. Although admittedly the Mk1 Zaffy is supposed to be more reliable* than the Mk 2. MPV's are great if you have lots of people to move. Fr'instance I took most of the family to Blackpool last night to see Ken Dodd (now there is value for money, fuck I the bloke can go on, and on, and on and Arsiton) and the MPV was great for that, less good for parking though. However for most occasions where I dont have to take the whole fucking tribe and my mother and her mother then something like the Micra will suffice.

• 2 weeks later...

In an amazing* Zafdaft Special Offer moment of madness I have reduced this fine piece of popular* motoring to £525 to a 'shiter. Delivery as ever possible, ideally within 25 miles or so.

'Will you deliver it (it's an 80 mile round trip) I am genuine, won't mess about and will buy it off you'

Ok, you give me a £30 deposit first and I'll do it no problem

'Ok I will give you £30 extra when you get here'

No, I want £30 before I leave.

'But I told you, I'm genuine'

So is everybody else, and if you are genuine then you won't mind.

{silence}

I had fun* when I put the Skoda on Autotrader, lots of nice phone calls.

"I come tomorrow morning to buy car"

"Sorry, I'm at work tomorrow morning, I'll be back in the evening after 5:30"

"I come tomorrow morning.  Postcode?"

"I won't be there tomorrow morning.  I'll be there after 5:30 in the evening"

"I come tomorrow morning to buy car"

*click*

In an Autoshite only kind of way, this car that's being sold because I need the money might be getting swapped for two other motors and cash the other person's way. Obvs both of the other cars are really horrible.

'Will you deliver it (it's an 80 mile round trip) I am genuine, won't mess about and will buy it off you'

Ok, you give me a £30 deposit first and I'll do it no problem

'Ok I will give you £30 extra when you get here'

No, I want £30 before I leave.

'But I told you, I'm genuine'

So is everybody else, and if you are genuine then you won't mind.

{silence}

Oh dear. Was that the guy from F*c*b**k? He replied to the post that he "had spoken to you this morning".

Gotta love the general public.