Thought/suggetions, Shitefest 2015 or AS roadtrip

skattrd

Before I start I will say I am not in a position to host next years shitefest.

I think we should go to Scotland as the Scottish contingent quite readily come south for Shitefest, Chumley etc. so it's about time we headed north, but where?

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions where to go? Ideally somewhere with things to do and see.

I was thinking possibly even a long weekend and a little trip around Scotland for those with time. I love driving around the west coast of Scotland and have taken my Mk2 Scirocco and my old (now Breadvan's) Lancia HPE around Scotland.

If no venue is forthcoming for shitefest, what about a road-trip somewhere?

Most of Scotland is very lovely. Even Paisley (from a distance).

This is an outrageous lie. Paisley didn't even look good from Wales.

Dave, Adrian and I did think about bringing Shitefest north but as we all live in housing estates or town centres it's not ideal. The SF2015 thing has been bothering me so I will await further thoughts with bated breath.

Makes be feel sick if I stare at it. Like one of those Magic Eye posters from when drugs were all the rage.

If drugs are uncool, surely everyone* on here should be doing them?

*as well as TooSavvy who is obviously already on them.

I may also be up for a cruise up to Scottishland depending on what I am doing at the time as have been a bit absent from events this year.

Come to France. You can all sleep in my spare room, or camp in the garden. I have tools n stuff for repairs, and its usually sunny in summer.

Not much car-related to do anywhere in the area but I have a barbecue and know a man who makes good sausages.

That'd almost be a banger rally for the SVM; we might even manage sponsorship!

Is there any possibility of getting to use the SVBM? It's reasonably easy to get to, just off the M90, and it's handy for waky Forth Bridge shots and possibly a trip to the shonky museum at Aberlady.

They can be a bit funny... I'm a member there but I suspect that their idea of "test track" and our idea of "test track" would be somewhat not the same.

Come to France. You can all sleep in my spare room, or camp in the garden. I have tools n stuff for repairs, and its usually sunny in summer.

Not much car-related to do anywhere in the area but I have a barbecue and know a man who makes good sausages.

Always up for france..

They can be a bit funny... I'm a member there but I suspect that their idea of "test track" and our idea of "test track" would be somewhat not the same.

I did think you would probably have suggested it by now if it was a goer. It really would be the perfect location too. We could have had a bonfire at the mattress recycling place and resolved the problem of how to deal with it.

I'll keep trying to think of a suitable location, there must be somewhere we can use.

I think if it did end up being abroad we would have to look at the possibility of more than one person per Volvo. I'd be happy enough to take my wrong-fuelled, wrong wheel drive effort if I could get the use of a roofbox for it, I don't think the boot would take luggage and square sausage for four. Is there anybody in a position to get us a venue in France?