That Rover P6 For Sale

Conrad D. Conelrad

You've all seen it, some of you have driven it, now you can OWN it. 

VIEW: some excessively flattering photographs of it...

15295793797_6bd9c58fff_c.jpg

15483279091_f802128514_c.jpg

THEN VIEW: some shitesque photos of it (sorry forgot the date stamp). 36 photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk4WMrZN

15486752635_ef8dd2740e_c.jpg

NOW WATCH it drive!

THE LOWDOWN

1970 Rover 2000TC. MOT until 24th March 2015. Tax exempt. Drivable and usable, but very much a project car needing welding to the floor inside by the B pillar and a large area of the driver's side sill/floor.

omg

15300014550_280e907320_c.jpg

Other than that, it's not bad - there aren't any horrors hiding under the wings, the interior is scruffy but still a nice place to be. The engine drops some oil after it's been run and the exhaust has developed a bit of a blow (you can hear it in the video). 

15300100928_59f4dc7822_c.jpg

So, if you want a seriously classy classic car, and like welding, why not consider this one? It's in south Manchester and I am open to offers. 

In it's favour, it's in one of the best colour combos for these and the rot looks like it just needs simple flat pieces welding in which is something even I could do.

There is a P6 shaped hole in my life, but I have to fill said hole with money before I can replace it with a P6.

I have put an optimistic reserve on the eBay auction. If it doesn't make that I'll break it - frankly letting it go for peanuts and then spending the same amount buying all the missing bits for the V8 which this car already has (rear valance, rear bumper, sill covers, wings, new spare tyre, and then countless little things like the wipers, washer motor, horn switch, horns, bits of trim)...

... it also has a bunch of decent bits, like the large amount of stainless exhaust bits, the year old Bosch S4 027 battery etc. 

Loved that series 'The Gaffer' - never seen it repeated, don't know why it was way better than most of the so-called comedy shite around at the time.

The Gaffer's (Bill Maynard) ropey P6 was always a running gag in the series, usually at the start when one of his lads would pass comment on it and the gaffer always had a comeback:

'Ere gaffer, when are you gonna get a new car?

Don't be silly, I haven't finished paying for the one I had before the one I had before this one!

Still fancy owning one sometime!

This has now been sold and was collected today. I'm sad to see it go, it was a wonderful car. I'd have kept it if I could've got it through another MOT but the welding it required was just too much for me. Anyway, it looks like it's gone off to a good home and I'm very happy about that.

Here's a couple of nice photos of it Davidfowler2000 took at Shitefest '14:

14215183416_0403e6b53d_c.jpg

DSC_5954 by davidfowler2000, on Flickr

14238052734_ec1985e7e6_c.jpg

DSC_5956 by davidfowler2000, on Flickr