New Car - not really shite, just shit - well no character...

Father Ted

Posted Image

Christ, you would think the dealers are having a rare old time, trying to get them to waz a tow bar on this for free like included in the sale price "only if you pay for this"! They told me that I would have to pay for the road tax, but its taxed till May next year I said, then they say that they want £300 for a £150 towbar! Mind you when Capt. Darling announces his VAT cut i shall be off in later on to say "there is the money for the towbar". I also want a few quid off because I dont do aftermarket alloys and they are putting steel wheels on from another Zaf.

Posted Image

That's a shame, those look like Irmscher alloys which are just that little bit more respectable than TSW etc rimz; bit like putting RS option wheels on a Ford. Mind you, those look (a) gr8 4 gettin kerbed to buggery and back, and (B) just like FOUR 4 £9.99 Motorworld accessory placcy wheeltrims.

^^^ What he said, oh and my insurance company count this as "modification" and wont insure it without a) Thatcham Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser (& instal cert)B) £75 extra thanks because the car is more "nickable".Bucking Follocks - Vat cut next Monday not today.

Dont get the Steelies.Those are Irmscher Sigma alloys are are actually very desireable to Vauxhall types like myself. You'd be better flogging them yourself - you'd make a few quid back there I promise. Also Irmscher isnt aftermarket for Vauxhall, its all available in the sales brochures as optional extras, my Astra has quite a lot of it fitted.

Yeah if you can deal with the hassles, you'll make far more for the wheels on a VX forum even after you've been to a breaker to get a set of steelies than the dealer is likely to knock off. In fact with what you've already said, they seem likely to charge you extortionate rates for wheel fitment and you'll end up out of pocket!