Wanted - people carrier.

Tetleysmooth

Righty - ho.

As you may have read, I've just come back from the Isle of Wight.

We are going again next year, and have decided to give our single parent daughter a break she definitely needs. We'll be taking her and her two boys with us next year, so I'm going to be needing something a tad larger than the V70.

So, I'm going to be looking for another people carrier. Top of the list is either a Toyota Previa or another Chrysler Grand Voyager.

I'm not expecting a beauty queen, as it's got to be very reasonably priced.

I'm starting to look now as I want to make sure it's going to be hunky dory for next summer.

So, if any of you bods know of one, please feel free to let me know.

I've been through ebay, gumtree, preloved etc and have made a couple of enquiries, so there's no need to put loads of links up.

Word of mouth would be so much better.

If anyone fancies it, I can throw my V70 into the mix.

It played up a bit on holiday, but it WILL be running and driving correctly before I sell/swap it.

So, keep your eyes open for me please chappies.

Ta.

Previa's are GR9 motors, can swallow mega miles and still run sweet but by now they are starting to go rusty, so you may have bodywork issues but mechanically they are very reliable.

I have known of two that have clocked up 200k and still drive lovely but with slightly crunchy manual boxes.

Honda Shuttle/Odessey not getting any love?

Solid dependable non Vtec F22 with an auto box, seem to rack up mega milage without any fuss, made in the US which is a good thing as i dont know what Kind of rust proofing the use over there but Shuttles, Accord coupes and the later Civic coupes made in the US don't rust, at least in comparison to other cars of the Late 90s.

Most of them do have mega miles on them though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Shuttle-2-3i-a-c-auto-LS-/301277376616?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item462587f068

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Low mileage green one on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406134976599/sort/default/radius/1500/make/honda/postcode/nn84sa/page/1/quicksearch/true/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/shuttle?logcode=p

Honda Stream, basically a tall civic with a 2.0, mega comfy seats and the dash mounted gearchange is really good once you get used to it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Stream-2-0-i-VTEC-SE-Sport-116-000-MILES-MOT-TAX-7-SEATER-FULL-SERVICE-/331286981771?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d223e2c8b

$_12.JPG

Lots more of these about 2.0 is a K Series which is pretty bullet proof if it's been serviced.

I've got a left hand drive 2001 V6 here which you could have - the 3500 mile collection saga from Abu Dhabi would be epic!

Do you post?

Honda Shuttle/Odessey not getting any love?

Solid dependable non Vtec F22 with an auto box, seem to rack up mega milage without any fuss, made in the US which is a good thing as i dont know what Kind of rust proofing the use over there but Shuttles, Accord coupes and the later Civic coupes made in the US don't rust, at least in comparison to other cars of the Late 90s.

Most of them do have mega miles on them though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Shuttle-2-3i-a-c-auto-LS-/301277376616?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item462587f068

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Low mileage green one on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406134976599/sort/default/radius/1500/make/honda/postcode/nn84sa/page/1/quicksearch/true/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/shuttle?logcode=p

Honda Stream, basically a tall civic with a 2.0, mega comfy seats and the dash mounted gearchange is really good once you get used to it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Stream-2-0-i-VTEC-SE-Sport-116-000-MILES-MOT-TAX-7-SEATER-FULL-SERVICE-/331286981771?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d223e2c8b

$_12.JPG

Lots more of these about 2.0 is a K Series which is pretty bullet proof if it's been serviced.

I like Hondas and have done since my Accord Aerodeck. Same engine I think.

It's probably entirely unhelpful, but I may look to offload my Mazda MPV sometime in the new year, once it has served its' purpose (and if it looks likely to pass another MOT - current ticket runs to 16 August).  I'm currently desnagging it.  It's likely to be within budget.

There's a thread on it which I'm updating periodically.  It's bigger than a Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra or Synergie/Ulysse/806 and might be bigger internally (certainly widthways) than a Previa.  You get a reasonable boot with all seven seats in place.  2-litre petrol/five-speed so fairly good on juice and not too slow.

It's probably entirely unhelpful, but I may look to offload my Mazda MPV sometime in the new year, once it has served its' purpose (and if it looks likely to pass another MOT - current ticket runs to 16 August).  I'm currently desnagging it.  It's likely to be within budget.

There's a thread on it which I'm updating periodically.  It's bigger than a Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra or Synergie/Ulysse/806 and might be bigger internally (certainly widthways) than a Previa.  You get a reasonable boot with all seven seats in place.  2-litre petrol/five-speed so fairly good on juice and not too slow.

I don't normally entertain manuals, but this sounds interesting, especially the 'within budget' bit.

Please feel free to keep me informed.

Fankyoo.

• 2 weeks later...