half arsed collekshun fred xxx auto pogweasel content nsfw

fordperv

well today was the day sutty2006, mrs fordperv and myself were going to view an auto civic and an auto fiesta for his family friend whose brief was a car for £600 or under has to be around 1.4 or smaller and must be automatic, well the civic owner was a no go because at the last moment he wouldnt be there and the ebay mong fiesta owner who said £500 text saying "spoke to my son its £700" as we were on the way to view, so with the taste of blood in our mouths we went back to suttys house for a brew and a scavenge on ebay where i came across a small classified for a mk3 1.4 auto astra in derby, so i rung the owner and got the address and away we went 

fast forward an hour as i didnt take a leaving picture and we arrived to be greeted with this auto honey

DSC_0289_zpsnwdf6zmh.jpg

DSC_0290_zpscycqmv7b.jpg

and also the astra we went to look at, yes it was a bit pogweasel but what the hell they all do that, what the misery spec merit did have though was 10 month m.o.t (costing her £240 in work on the brakes and lower arms) with no advisories, an auto box, a 1.4 mpi which has only done 52,000 miles, and half a tank of fuel, we went on a test drive and other than a blowing exhaust manifold gasket it performed flawlessly so the deal was done with the lovely owner diane who really was a vauxhall enthusiast.

DSC_0291_zpsfa11c3zl.jpg

we started the journey back and guess what............. no issues no problems omg not all vauxhalls are shit

DSC_0292_zpsjotgit1j.jpg

i bet youd all love to see the archs, the sills and underside are just as good

DSC_0294_zpspe0kpldb.jpg

DSC_0295_zpsn3vjdnfv.jpg

an interior shot all is good in here needs a small clean

DSC_0298_zpsjzbcbzig.jpg

DSC_0299_zps4xfsmmh2.jpg

as you can see from the pictures the paint was flat so the first thing that was done is sutty made a brew and we got the cleaning products out

DSC_0293_zpsflno2r5p.jpg

DSC_0296_zpssfrthu3t.jpg

and here they are to save the day the anti pogweasel brigade, sutty is the one crouched down i am the happy looking chap washing the top, this would be a good contender for a boys of autoshite calender

DSC_0300_zpskpxmgtke.jpg

this was a test patch after we washed it to see how it will come up with a good t cutting, just look at the pogweasel paint

DSC_0301_zpsq3c850v4.jpg

so we took a side each and this was after a good t cut

DSC_0302_zpslheat59a.jpg

these are after a good coat of polish

DSC_0306_zps7rrsws7o.jpg

DSC_0305_zpstqd0mgtd.jpg

DSC_0307_zpsgqofxdhe.jpg

DSC_0308_zps2b5gdhgu.jpg

all thats really left for him to do visually is a decent set of trims and a new set of plates oh and a matching exterior mirror, the eagle eyed amongst you will notice a pre facelift mirror on the drivers side and a facelift on the passengers side

hope youve enjoyed

I R DISAPOINT!   When I saw the blue Cav in the pics I was expecting you to say you bought that too!  It's time we had a bulk collection thread here, especially as the whole purchase was incidental to the original plan.  Astra looks tidy enough though, might even have been a bargain.

I R DISAPOINT!   When I saw the blue Cav in the pics I was expecting you to say you bought that too!  It's time we had a bulk collection thread here, especially as the whole purchase was incidental to the original plan.  Astra looks tidy enough though, might even have been a bargain.

we did try to get the cav as well but that was a no go as her husband was very fond of it, i wouldve loved it if he was there he sounded like our kind of people, it definately was a bargain

Linda hates it, she told me via the medium of telepathy. I think 'AW' is a Shropshire number, so it's possibly an ex-Greenhous Vauxhall, I know you wanted to know that. Anyhow, sadly those pre-plastic-trim-across-the-bootlid ones are getting scarcer now.

I'd have preferred the mk2 chavalier to the ashtray but it wasn't forsale :( and considering I'd got enough budget cash to take both home had it been forsale, i did try!!!!!

The Astra ran fine other than a blowy exhaust fanny mold gasket and on road test we had to call into a local gas station to put some wind in the o/s/f tyre (omg heavy steering yo). And for the record, someone had left just enough money in the air machine to put an extra 20psi in the flat tyre (which was only flat at the bottom!).

We did a deal which was very pleasing to the budget master, and cash was exchanged under watchful eyes of several pet cats.... Most pussy I've seen in a while.

Couldn't believe how well the ashtra drove the 48.7 home! (add 1/4 of a mile for an extra trip round the a38/a516 roundabout for shits n giggles).

After an hour or so with t-cut, autoglym paint renovator and some random showroom polish hijacked from work I can honestly say, if Linda doesn't like the lack of power steering..... then I'll either flog it on, or use it as a winter hack. Will get some pictures up tomorrow of the rest of the clean up progress!

:D

• 3 years later...

Wow, hard to believe its been 4 years since I was tasked with buying this. And it still comes back once a year for "MOT on a budget". Looking a little sorry for its self as the typical vauxhall fadey paint takes hold, an altercation with a truck on the passenger wing and a couple of door mirrors later......... its still going! MOT at 2pm today. Wish me luck, as I really cant be arsed with this " It needs MOT but ive got no money till next week" old chesnut. :shock:

post-17429-0-21041100-1528962318_thumb.jpg

well done, 

Date tested14 June 2018 PASS
Mileage66,339 miles
MOT test number9202 2819 3778
Test locationunavailable until further notice
Expiry date3 July 2019
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • oil leak
  • Nearside Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear to brake hose (1.1.11 ©)
  • Offside Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear to brake hose (1.1.11 ©)
  • fuel tank corroded
  • Offside Rear inner sill wax oiled
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wheel arch (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wheel arch (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside outer sill wax oiled
  • Nearside Rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wheel arch (7.1.1 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wheel arch (7.1.1 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material to brake hose (1.1.11 ©)