So we all know the Polo Harlequin...

Betaphile

Posted Image

LOL :lol:

So from this we can gather there are at least 2 more of these; one that started out blue and one that was yellow! Wonder what the panel gaps are like on these!!

Incidentally, were the colour schemes on the proper Harlequins identical to each other?

There were four different 'schemes' to the Harlequin models. Four different base colour shells, and then depending on that each panel was a known colour. Eg, all models with a red shell (roof and rear quarters) would have a yellow bonnet, blue nearside wing etc. They literally took complete cars from the production line and swapped bits around.The Golf 3 was a US-only model, the later Polo was Germany only. We got the Mk4 Polo and nowt since (because, as mentioned, they sold like mouldy hotcakes and many were promo-only and eventually resprayed)There was one in a salvage yard near me a while back, remember thinking it would be the easiest panel repair ever. "Wanted: Polo wing, bonnet and door. Colour not important" :)

I see a fair few Polo Harlequins around Dewsbury, if I've got the story right there was a VW dealer in the general area who used them as courtesy cars and they eventually found their way into the market. I tend to see a couple a month and am still no wiser as to why they exist, I think they look dreadful. Sorry Germany!

We got the Mk4 Polo and nowt since (because, as mentioned, they sold like mouldy hotcakes and many were promo-only and eventually resprayed)

Isn't it great to be so dull & reserved!.... :roll: We have no sense of fun in this country, not where cars are concerned anyway. Special additions or quirky cars have always been lost on us! :?(I'm surprised that Smart cars (Fortwo) sold at all over here, never mind the small number that did! The Coupe, Roadster & Forfour certainly didn't)