My Blog- Attempting the spherical challenge (GS rear spheres) 04/06/18

320touring

It's amazing that in these days of Zoes and Teslas theres still cars out there made of Isopon and hope.

How old do you reckon that repair was.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of structural newspaper, And carbon dating equipment to test the filler all I can say is it was done in the last 59 years.

Based on the volume of filler discovered so far, I suspect some poor sod has paid for a "restoration" at some point..

Which has apparently resulted in a heavier, slower car due to sheer weight.

I have the feeling that some of these Oxford pictures are nothing more than an X-Ray of my Cowley. Filler-mining can definitely stay on hold for a bit longer....

Brave work, Mr. Touring - at least the car will be around long enough to thank you for it.

I just hope I'm around to see it finished!

• 2 weeks later...

Something about vapours.....Which were probably needed to revive poor Mr 320.   Blimey, that is all a bit crispy, though..... 

My late friend Derek would be extremely pleased with your work, however.   He was a constant keeper of the faith with pre-Farina Oxfords.   Those outer sills, BTW are almost identical in profile to BMC1100s.   Not that Halfords have any left, I know, but Collectors Car Parts did.   

Just shows, though, how many old motors are bombing around on a wing and a prayer.   Good work indeed.

• 2 weeks later...