My Blog- Attempting the spherical challenge (GS rear spheres) 04/06/18

320touring

On these the cruise is plug-in

By that I mean pop the stick in and it's autosensed.   No laptop time required.   

Are you sure on this? 

I had a look and all the forums seem to say that for early ones there is no wiring there, and you can't turn it on in MultiECUscan as it's not coded in the ECU.

Ones after the interior facelift with the 147 style dash are plug and play, the only one I could find that had got it working on a pre interior facelift (2003 or so) had had to put in all the wiring back to the pedals and ECU, and flash the ECU with software from a Lancia Thesis or something.

I would however be happy to be proved wrong, as I have a 51 plate 2.4JTD and I love me a bit of cruise.

• 2 months later...

What is a Gutty?

In this context, any shoe or shoe like foot clothing device

See also 'a wee bootful' and 'gie it a wee jag'

see also kick it in the arse, lift up skirts, up and vanished like a fart in the wind etc etc :D

In this context, any shoe or shoe like foot clothing device

no gonna be a wee brogue is it :D more like a welly or hob nail boot :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to try summat a bit different today..

Had a think about what my cars would have looked like throughout a career at a mythical video shop.. Using the cars that appeared at the tartan tarmac meet today

https://fuguttycars.wordpress.com/2017/10/29/choosing-a-competent-commuter/95b05e4c6fda.jpg

After a successful day working on the 172 Exclusive yesterday, It was time to show the Ph2 some love, and see what new fangled tech it came with.

We also got to cut up a BMW with a Stanley knife!

https://fuguttycars.wordpress.com/2017/11/05/breaking-servicing-and-cleaning/

013776787a9e.jpg

f62a43cdec4f.jpg

Sounds a productive weekend! Do the Clio wheels melt like the Puma one has?

I think it's a melty/absorbs skin thing.

looking at the pics "auto" on the heater of the clitto would suggest climate and its seems you have speed limiter as well as cruise!

Aye well the only speed limiter once the gearbox is done will the the hard cut at 7k;)

looking at the pics "auto" on the heater of the clitto would suggest climate and its seems you have speed limiter as well as cruise!

Same switch as my gooner, up for cruise, down the limiter then push buttons on the steering wheel!

Same steering wheel buttons as well! Flick dash switch to turn whatever on, then hit + or - on the LH buttons to set the speed, then + or - to go up and down as needed. O on the RH side to over ride it and pause it, R to resume (much more fun in an auto I imagine when you can get down to 20mph and resume an 80mph cruise...)

Looking at your dash though, I wonder how it tells you what speed it's set at? You have all the warning lights where the screen on mine is. Unless it's just 'see where the speedo stops changing speed' and job done?

Same switch as my gooner, up for cruise, down the limiter then push buttons on the steering wheel!

Same steering wheel buttons as well! Flick dash switch to turn whatever on, then hit + or - on the LH buttons to set the speed, then + or - to go up and down as needed. O on the RH side to over ride it and pause it, R to resume (much more fun in an auto I imagine when you can get down to 20mph and resume an 80mph cruise...)

Looking at your dash though, I wonder how it tells you what speed it's set at? You have all the warning lights where the screen on mine is. Unless it's just 'see where the speedo stops changing speed' and job done?

IIRC it's on the mileage counter on these, where the trip, MPG, etc computer lives too.