"Polly the Peugeot

nacho man

Our "Polly" is up for grabs.

IMG_0074_zpsfdc1cf5d.jpg

1.9 XUD Dizzler, NON VEG FRIENDLY, 5 door beauty.

Motd till July 2015 and taxed till March 2015

I have had this 18 months and I have done 15k in it and its been ace. I have just serviced last weekend inc oil and filter, air and fuel too. It had a rear wheel bearing and a ball joint for the mot. 

Since I have had it I have had fitted a starter, alternator, belt and a full exhaust. Its also had a recon fuel pump as I got it cheapo as it was leaking. 

IMG_0077_zps05dc9366.jpg

It was nicknamed "Polly" not by me obviously, I would of called it Frank or Stan or something. The people who named her had it from new till about 2010 and kept a record of all the servicing, but no stamps or invoices????

Then my mate from works cousins best friends sister in law who re married a priest got it from a south african retro rides member who learnt to drive in it and then It was probably attracting too much female attention for him to handle so I bought it.

He had a cambelt and clutch fitted I think, its got four good tyres, two ditchfinders and two pre war michelins.

IMG_0080_zpsf8e61c9c.jpg

Its got a fancy Alpine cd player, and a "stealth" shelf in the rear with 6x9's in, due to the sas "stealth" tactics employed you can't see them from the outside, which is nice. I fitted new front sony speakers in the door as the others were crap, its sounds ok, buts its no seven grand audi bose system. 

I have serviced it like four times or something daft sich I have had it. Changed the coolant too. New wipers etc etc.

The rear hatch has been cleaned a brillo pad or something stupid, the rest is pretty good, it leaks oil but it only looks bad as its dizzler black death oil so leaves a bad stain, I have changed the sump gasket and rocker cover gasket, so it aint them so I gave up. It also sometimes just clicks when you go to start it, I thought it was the starter solenoid, it wasn't. But it ALWAYS starts, you don't have to do this all the time, and at the most you do it three times and it fires up, first time as I banged new glow plugs in last year. 

IMG_0083_zps8e9e4a48.jpg

Its a plodder but once up to speed cruises well and can do a solid 45-50 mpg easy all day everyday.

Its in very good condition inside, elec windows and sunroof, central locking, but not remote, the hatch don't lock as the lock mech failed so I bodged it so I could still open it.

IMG_0086_zps944c0633.jpg

Anyhow I want £350 for this fine automobile. Its gotta be worth it for the MEGA long tax and test, literally ain't gotta spend a penny on her.

I am in Derby, the train station is ten mins away and I will pick you up, pose for a selfie etc etc

Then my mate from works cousins best friends sister in law who re married a priest got it from a south african retro rides member who learnt to drive in it and then It was probably attracting too much female attention for him to handle so I bought it.

:lol:  

Looks a nice car  and £350 taxed and tested for a small Diesel is the bargain of the century  !

The big question though is why isnt anything selling ? 

The big question though is why isnt anything selling ?

There are always 'blips' during the year. I reckon we're at the stage where people have had their holidays so are skint again, Christmas in the back of some peoples minds and also because the new registration plates are out, there's a slight increase in used car traffic which filters down to the shit (priced) end of the market.