mysterycar

stoterstangen90

I have not got the foggiest what that is.

I think they're all 'avin a larf at our expense, MrB. They're making those names up!I've never heard of any of 'em. Way over my head here - I'd better step away and watch from the sidelines on this one. :oops:

Wheels appear identical to offerings on the Bitter range, but also remind me of Mk1 Granadas. Glasshouse similar to fiesta Mk1/2, but is slightly different, no quarterlight in front door, and rear side window rake is different, but screen looks like Mk4/5 Cortina. I still reckon it's GM/Opel based, but which model?? Commodore/Monza???? Just the glass gets me....Door handles appear familiar, but no idea. Bitter badge looks like the one on this car, and it's also RHD......it's got me.....

I've no idea, but it looks like the mutant offspring of a Bitter CD and a Ginetta G26! :?

Baz, loving your new Avatar & Banner especially. Think they're brill - the R9/R11 side by side is just the thing I was wanting to see! You wouldn't get that anywhere else outside of a brochure! :D

I win! It is an Ilinga AF2. 'Ilinga' is an Aboriginal word for 'far horizon'.A 1975 Australian Bricklin, if you like. The first example was wheeled out in Feb '75, with a production plan of 100 units per year at AUD$15,750 - 3 times the price of a Holden sedan but AUD$4,000 less than a 911 Turbot. V8 powered (4.4L Rover - from the P76!), 200km/h top speed.After AUD$200,000 was spent on development, Leyland Australia went bust and so did the supplies of the motor. But that didn't matter, because Ilinga were in court, trying to sue Borg-Warner because the proposed transmission wouldn't mate with said V8. Two examples were built (aluminium body over a box-section chassis).Those are Volvo bumpers, apparently.NB I am not an Illinga expert, but I do have an excellent Australian book called "Extra Lemon" by Tony Davis - sort of their version of "Crap Cars" - which features the above.