rant and ideas

VWPowered

well yesterday some scrot nicked 700 notes from the misses account.. and were not covered :( and today run out of petrol, walk 1.5kms to nearest town no payphones, spoke to old woman who called my misses but no answer (she switched phones this morning and i didnt know, i dont have a mobile) so take the chance and walked 4kms to a friends who wasn't in was starting to get dark so took the choice to walk back to where i was working (the car was 5kms from there) and now i was 5kms even further from the car, so off i go, i walked 10kms back to where i started got petrol got the beast started and off home i went..so leaving early at 3 wasn't a good idea as i still didnt get home till 8pm :evil: and and and the polo needs new rear shoes...annoyed...pissed....

updated my homepage...any ideas.. http://www.franco-oldtimers.com/

my poor poor bones..to old for this shit..... :twisted:

How frustrating. A cheap mobile phone plus some friends of the correct sort* would have saved your bacon here.*Correct sort here refers to layabouts, the unemployed and the generally crap at life. Sure it's nice to have some high flying mates to do 'WOW' things with like going paragliding and who you can invite round for dinner without fear of them being a total arse, but you need to keep some mong friends too, for just this occasion, chaps who have no discernable source of income aside from the dole, window cleaning, bar shifts and minor drug peddling, because you know that (a) they're going to be available and (B) they'll come to your rescue on the promise of a fiver/some cheap skunk/a couple of pints/a KFC box meal (delete as applicable).

I've got a good idea...

Posted Image

DON'T buy one of these and keep it in the car with five litres of sans-plomb in.

I did, and the pikeys who stole my van used the spare fuel to torch it. Posted Image

im not laughing dude that really sucks...fukers...im not laughing...not funny shit...

No, I wasn't best pleased either. Went from:

Posted Image

to:

Posted Image

I was on a week's holiday and doing a bit of a tour of England, decided to stop over at the Formule 1 hotel in Peterborough, wish I'd never bothered now. Apart from the van, I lost a whole load of kit that I'd dragged with me... clothes, 12v telly, music... to cap it all, insurance wouldn't fork out for a hire car (they would have done if mine was repairable :roll: ) and I had to spring for a fuggin train back to Edinburgh, £54 walk-up fare even back then (May 2000). Eventual payout was about a third of what the van owed me and I'm convinced they had it all back off me in hiked premiums over the following five years. Still dicked off about it all now.

I vowed never to own anything half-decent again after that, despite succumbing to a 6 year old Mondeo in 2006 (which I would dearly love to get shot of sharpish while it still has some sort of resale value) I'm going to put off owning anything newer than that for the rest of my motoring days if I can possibly help it.

wow was a nice van that too, understand what your saying about not owning anything newer, i feel the same after losing a car i'd spent thousands on (actually call it another if you include my now ex wife scrapping my mint scirocco scala) after that always said i wouldnt ever pay more than 400euros on a motor. saying that my rover tourer got broken into in our back yard at 3 in the morning and we live in the middle of nowhere, car had no battery (actually the head was in bits as it had snapped a cam in three places) the dorrs were open and still they crowbarred (or something similar) the bonnet open, screwing up the bonnet, 2 wings and a bumper... :evil:

something to do with ebay but were not 100% atm, the bank have stopped our account and issued new cards but we didn't have card insurance so may not get the money bank... it happens...money wasn't taken out at a cash point was 700£ transferred to the account of curtis2175?? how/why or who authorised it i don't who, all our banks letters come to France and once read are put into a folder next to where i am now, anything is burnt in the fire it don't go into main rubbish...ive always hated banks robbing basta..s and always feel safer with a wedge of notes rather than a piece of plastic, nothing like feeling the fibre when you've worked a hard week...have to wait and see what the bank say they said it'll be about 2 weeks before we hear anything..

yes seems so, told the misses to use it as little as poss...and certainly not online..

There's actually more risk with your confidential information going through snail mail than online to be fair.But pretty much all accounts in the developed world are covered - sounds like a change of bank or type of account would be recommended - non?I always generally use credit cards these days as all purchases ARE protected - it's better than cash to be objective. Of course here in Holland the tight fuckers don't accept them half of the time, so I have to be soooo 20th Century and use bloody cash and accumulate pockets full of bloody shrapnel...Europe is well behind the curve on the use of plastic :evil:

well yesterday some scrot nicked 700 notes from the misses account.. and were not covered :(

If your bank starts p!$$ing you about on this, time for a change (as suggested elsewhere). You have choices as to where you put your money - and the banks need reminding of this from time to time...Feel bad for you though, VWP - not a good thing to happen :(