Quick Rant

Father Ted

As some of you know Im looking for a new small person hauler with room for the Mother in Law. Decided on a CDTi Zafira around the 56 plateish age. OK, no harm in that (its the wife anyway who will be driving it, not me) The upside is that she has said because we wont have a Citroen in the fleet that I can buy one (no point in administrating a Cit car club if you dont have at least one set of Chev's in the fleet).

Anyway the point of the rant - WHY do traders insist on either not putting the milage in an advert or putting some stupid amount like 1 mile or 70 miles on a 10 year old car? It really really really fcuks me off. Just describe the car accuratly will you? Fcnuking brastuds.

2006 VAUXHALL ZAFIRA 1.9 CDTi NEW SHAPE DIESEL [120] 7-SEAT MPV (trade)

5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 79 miles. 48 MPG, Air conditioning, Full 7 Seats, Full Service History, ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric

Bollocks it has 79 miles on the clock - do you think I was born yesterday? Do you think Im going to come tearing down there with a wedge of used £20's? Fnuking describe it properly. :evil:

I have to wade through ferking shedloads of ads like this, its so they can get round the milage search function on autotrader. Cnuts.

[/rant]

and breathe.....

Also on the Auto trader site, when you are looking for a cheap shiter you have to wade through vast amounts of adverts for Merc CLKs etc at £199.00 as they don't put the actual price as the search price only the monthly payment.

One of my gripes with eBay Motors... when I'm trawling through the list of cars from £0 - £500 say, I can instantly see cars that have a BIN price, and Classified Ads, but you can't distinguish between bargainous No Res cars and "reserve not met" cars (with a silly low starting price) without clicking on the auction link, and you can't seem to filter them in a search either!Mark.

Went into the local Vauxhall stealership, told them what I wanted, how much and what I wanted to offload - unsurprisingly they were falling over themselves to sell me a car - off back on Saturday to see a car they are bringing over from Huddersfield that fits the criteria and price!

good man so ur still going for the vauxhall then

Yup, never thought I would be buying one (after the Vectra I had as a hire car a few years back, pleasant to drive, but bland to the point of bein...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) But the Zaf does what we want quite well, fits all the kids in, the mother in law and the pram. My fault for having such over fertle loins I suppose. I have no doubt I will be moaning about it at some point in the future though - just like my modern Yamaha. I expect the bloody thing to be reliable and frankly the build quality is gnats piss, he dealer - useless they say " your not supposed to do that many miles on it". :shock: