Dilemma

M'coli

Been on the lookout for a good, cheap estate that ticks several boxes and appear to have found one on RR, an Audi 80 with a 2litre engine:-

Posted Image

However, have fitted 2 new tyres to the Cavalier (Contis!) and circumstances now mean that even its daily 3 mile journey to walk the dog is surplus to requirements (the tunnel under the A1 that leads to the cycle path has re-opened) means that the £20 petrol that I put in it at the weekend will probably get me to Crimbo, do I buy the Audi?

Forgot to mention that the Cavalier's not an estate, and the reason it's £0 is because I already own it!!! Still, it's a goody, I've done a bit of welding to it so it's solid in all the right places (sills, rear spring mount but has a rusty arch) but it will do 45mpg on a run and soaks up bumps brilliantly due to Monroe Gasmatics that I bought off eBay in 2004ish. The wheels and tyres won't be going when I sell it - 15" steels(I like steels, doesn't shout too loudly) so worth more to me to keep them.

Posted Image

Guest greenvanman

That Audi is pretty if rather bland. Could you really fit all that much more stuff in it than your Cavalier? I say keep the Vauxhall - far more 'Autoshite' and cheaper to fix if it goes wrong. Spend the £350 on welding rods instead :)

Could you really fit all that much more stuff in it than your Cavalier?

No, and that's one of the boxes to be ticked - it doesn't need to be a huge estate. I've looked at the Polo/Seat Cordoba as well, but have reasoned that if I'm going to be paying the "big" tax then it might have well have some proper grunt. VW group seats are excellent, hard but comfortable with lots of support for your back.Good to see that enough people have mentioned its blandness, I don't know if I want a grey car. If it was green on the other hand, without a sunroof, I'd be really tempted. :)