Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Strangest part-ex you've been offered?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_greenvanman_*

Guest_greenvanman_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

OK, since I passed my bike test I've been meaning to get round to flogging my old 125. I finally listed it on a couple of free ads sites at the weekend, and one of the first expressions of interest I had was this:

Posted Image

Silly me for not mentioning 'no px for dogs considered' in the ad :roll:

#2 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Yeah, yeah.. I'll do it in a minute....

• Full Members
  • 5,472 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Must be pikeys. Theres always a dog in the deal!
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

Don't suffer in silence. Samaritans 116 123

#3 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

He's a right bastard.

• Full Members
  • 8,288 posts
  • 41 thanks
  • LocationSheffield On Thames.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

I swapped a pair of good used Austin 1800 landcrab front wings and £20 for a BMW 525e which I drove for some 3 months.

#4 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Bloody hell. That's about as chavvy as it gets. And why does everyone have to have stupid twatting 'hardman' dogs these days? Penis anxiety or something? Whatever happened to having a nice loyal soppy breed that would harm a fly? Dog lover used to be someone with time to spare, a Volvo estate & a labrador. Now a "dog lover" is someone in a 5th floor council flat with a frustrated child-eating bull terrier. It's when I see these swaggering mongs walking their 'pets' with the animal trying to savage anything that moves and the owner barely able to keep hold of it that I really despair. Sorry to any 'hardman' dog owners, but that's the way I see it.

#5 Guest_greenvanman_*

Guest_greenvanman_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

Bloody hell. That's about as chavvy as it gets.

The funny thing is that it's not even a 'scrote-friendly' scooter. It's a 4-stroke for a start :) With a windscreen, and a top box!

#6 OFFLINE   hotford00

hotford00

• Full Members
  • 152 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSunny Stockport

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

Don't you just want to laugh out loud when the owner comes past you taking up as much of the pavement as possible and wearing a gold plated dog chain round his neck and shouting at his dog... Friggin plank :lol: :lol:
Go fast turn right!!
Chevette 35,000 miles only.
Xr2 racecar
1300 Corsa Stockcar
LDV crewcab beavertail.
Coming soon... Flatdash Mk1 Consul
www.ceejayfabrications.co.uk

#7 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

There was once an item on the local radio Swaps feature (a programme scheduling thankfully long dropped) offering a concrete coal bunker for a pair of ferrets.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Yeah, yeah.. I'll do it in a minute....

• Full Members
  • 5,472 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

There was once an item on the local radio Swaps feature (a programme scheduling thankfully long dropped) offering a concrete coal bunker for a pair of ferrets.

I remember my mum listening to that on bbc oap local years ago. The Telephone Exchange: "no pets, cars, firearms, hostess trolleys or anything teak!"
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

Don't suffer in silence. Samaritans 116 123

#9 OFFLINE   Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling

• Full Members
  • 7,175 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationWorcestershire or İstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

At least they were half interesting things back then :lol:

Lord Sterling
.31109980376_e6f01e6edd_o.jpg

▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░..AUTOSHITE; bringing misery and despair to the world of motoring..░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄

سبحان الله

AUTOSHITES CRUMBLING EXECUSHITE LEAGUE...
'03 BMW 316i SE - ...Daily; needs new expansion tank... :lol:
'97 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; sills, radiator... :|
'95 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; recommissioning... :(
'90 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; head gasket... :sad:
'87 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; reccomissioning... :neutral:
'87 Rover 820E auto - ...Garaged, needs recommissioning... :mrgreen:

#10 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

I remember my mum listening to that on bbc oap local years ago. The Telephone Exchange: "no pets, cars, firearms, hostess trolleys or anything teak!"

ULTRA ROFFLZ

#11 OFFLINE   mirafioriman

mirafioriman

• Full Members
  • 111 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCarlisle Cumbria

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

I once worked for an independent garage and we would take anything in P/X to sell a car. We regularly took in Watches, diamond rings, boats and so on. In fact anything we could value!

#12 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

Going the other way, we once gave PC's Paul Wakely a bag of chips in return for his Alfa 155. Well that was the idea anyway, he said 'cheap as chips', I phoned him up to find out what that meant he said 'buy us a bag of chips'. So my hirsute assistant fetched down to Wakely's, gave him a quid sixty to get himself some tuck from the chippy and roared home revelling in the performance & luxury. A good result.

#13 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

Rank: Glasses, bottles, bottles filter tips. John Player Special

• Staff
  • 40,084 posts
  • 167 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

Bloody hell.
That's about as chavvy as it gets.

And why does everyone have to have stupid twatting 'hardman' dogs these days? Penis anxiety or something? Whatever happened to having a nice loyal soppy breed that would harm a fly?

Dog lover used to be someone with time to spare, a Volvo estate & a labrador.
Now a "dog lover" is someone in a 5th floor council flat with a frustrated child-eating bull terrier.

It's when I see these swaggering mongs walking their 'pets' with the animal trying to savage anything that moves and the owner barely able to keep hold of it that I really despair.

Sorry to any 'hardman' dog owners, but that's the way I see it.

Probably because they can afford to pay for them with royalties from the Jeremy Vile show after selling their soul on national telly to tell people how their brother/boyfriend/mother/sister/secret lover beat them/sold their arse/fuelled them with drugs/insulted their baby/shagged their dog/sprayed their name on a wall/didn't call their kid Britney/Wyoming/Pimp Daddy/Kieron or need 287 people from their estate to take a paternity test.

I got offered a date once on the strength of an eBay listing for a car. Obviously couldn't accept the offer due to Mrs C but I did ask for a picture for interests sake. I made the right decision.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#14 Guest_Kyle_*

Guest_Kyle_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

I drove a perfectly good Dolomite 1850 into a breakers once and came out with a Suzuki Whizzkid windscreen.Fair exchange is no robbery :mrgreen:

#15 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

Surely that should be a labrador :wink:
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 17,554 posts
  • 93 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

A G-plate Golf Driver (white, 5-door, 1.6 carb with 109k and years ticket) for an Ikea computer cabinet, 'Billy' corner bookcase in Beech and a tumble dryer.

#17 OFFLINE   Richard

Richard

• Full Members
  • 12,263 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

I once saw a Metro being driven into a scrapyard dragging its arse along the ground and towing the subframe behind by the handbrake cables. It was followed by a Nissan Stanza. Four youths got out of each, collected the money for the Metro and immediately spent the proceeds at the burger van. It wasn't quite a swap but it was close.All eight of them then left in the Stanza, at least two of them in the boot.

#18 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

Express

• Full Members
  • 1,641 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Locationdowel.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

I once saw a Metro being driven into a scrapyard dragging its arse along the ground and towing the subframe behind by the handbrake cables. It was followed by a Nissan Stanza. Four youths got out of each, collected the money for the Metro and immediately spent the proceeds at the burger van. It wasn't quite a swap but it was close. All eight of them then left in the Stanza, at least two of them in the boot.

I just laughed like an utter baffoon at this post and I'm not entirely sure why, although the description of the Metro is absolutely priceless.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

And back at the begining (dogs) its spread to ebay :lol: Q: alright mate would u be interested in swoping 4 a puppie. neapolitan x douge de bourdoux. if not i will try and sell 1 then i will buy the car. cheers lynsey 16-Nov-08 A: NO SORRY ALL READY HAVE A DOG CHEERS ANYWAY! http://cgi.ebay.co.u... ... mobiles_UK?

#20 OFFLINE   ashmicro

ashmicro

• Full Members
  • 3,836 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIn the shed, with your sister.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

Around last Xmas, I was offered a Bush (!) 32 inch widescreen LCD telly, Sony DVD recorder with HD, a Packard-Hell PC, some comedy Chinese hifi, a shit router and £250 for my 1 owner 02 Rover 25 Sport.The second word of my reply to this offer was "off!"
I am the Pope.

#21 ONLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 17,554 posts
  • 93 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

Around last Xmas, I was offered a Bush [...] for my 1 owner 02 Rover 25 Sport.

Doesn't sound like the worst offer in the world :)

#22 OFFLINE   VWPowered

VWPowered

• Full Members
  • 5,021 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLimoges 87

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

i once sold a scirocco gti for 30 notes and a 32" colour tele :oops: how i regret that now :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users