A couple more crappy phone-cam shots.

mk2_craig

Hey leave him alone, my phone doesn't even have a camera.

Posted Image

I'd upgrade, but it plays a mean game of Blackjack, thus making it better than all other phones ever.

Nice Cavalier by the way!

Guest greenvanman

Posted Image

I'd upgrade, but it plays a mean game of Blackjack, thus making it better than all other phones ever.

Mine neither

Posted Image

The games aren't that good either but Foneshite is free, and free is good :)

Mine cost something like £40 off a market stall circa 2001! I used it for a few years, then I gradually stopped as I had less need to and I'm not a fan of phones, especially if your family find out you have one and start asking for your number so they can ring you up and give you hassle.However, in the last year I started needing to use a phone again, so a new battery and charger later (sub-£5 for the lot), plus a borrowed PAYG SIM and I re-entered the mobile age. It's like bangernomics, but with phones. The upshot is that most people still think I'm an incredibly antisocial person with no phone, therefore phone calls are both rare and worthwhile, rather than someone is getting married/someone is having a kid/why aren't you having a kid/misc despair.

I do take your point DH, sometimes the frivolous wittering, particularly by irksome 'txt msg' is very wearing on the soul, especially if you are trying to do something important.

But then again I do find it a marvellously handy bit of kit, especially in the work arena, as I am not sat at a desk 40 hours a week. I just view it as a necessary evil.

I gots me one of these and it's marvellously intuitive, even a dimwit like myself can handle the technology:

Posted Image, it was only about £80, so no great disaster.

My employer recently (against my own opinion) also provided me with a 'blackberry' device that is ridiculous, complicated, pointless and irritating. And the camera is well rubbish. :roll:

Ahh! that 480 is displaying one of the funnier and common problems! The headlight motors have open and closed switches that tell the individual lights' computers (!) that the light is up or down etc. Of course the switches fail as do the motors and give the result seen! Even better is when the switch goes but the motor is still in its prime sending one light up on its own or up and down crazy hooker style. Why they didn't use a connecting bar is a mystery to me...Still a cool wedge of shite. The photos look like French ebay specials. Still, good spots - thanx for posting :P

Why they didn't use a connecting bar is a mystery to me...

I don't know of a single car with pop-up headlamps that uses a connecting bar between them. Certainly anything I've ever worked on has either individual motors (much like wiper motors but with an extra stop) or has that ludicrous vacuum system that was used on some Lotii, the Maserati Merak and I think also on some TVR'sWhat is funny though is when the contacts in a motor go a bit wierd, and you have to hit the motor to make it work each time..... or drive over a pot-hole. Procedure for raising headlamps: Select dipped beam, drive into pothole/kerb.

I don't know of a single car with pop-up headlamps that uses a connecting bar between them.

- I assumed! bad me - I'd thought (hoped) the 480 had its own weird arrangement that was different from the 'sensible' but was wrong.Thinking about it it makes sense in having them individually raised: the probability of total failure is greater if they're both serviced by the same mechanism whereas if each have a seperate mechanism then the probability of complete failure (of the lights going up) is much less. So if a motor goes it takes out one light only.Of course if it's a shiter driving it, it'll remain with one light popped up for ever until the other fails then they'll be permanently up!

Posted Image

Hey, I've got one of those!! I thought mine was the only one left in regular use!! I absolutely love it, the control-wheel thingy at the side is pure genius. I was given it for nowt about 8 years ago, and it does all I need it to do. People keep telling me I NEED a new 'phone, and I keep saying, "No, I DON'T!" :lol:

Hey, I've got one of those!! I thought mine was the only one left in regular use!! I absolutely love it, the control-wheel thingy at the side is pure genius. I was given it for nowt about 8 years ago, and it does all I need it to do. People keep telling me I NEED a new 'phone, and I keep saying, "No, I DON'T!" :lol:

Funnily enough, I think mine has finally died this morning, or at least the battery has. A trip to eBay to spend 99p or whatever for a new one awaits. Then I'll lash a load of Isopon on it.

On top of that, it's money that can be wasted on the Galant. Looking at being in an MOTable state by the weekend, which is a nice change for it. I should dig out the original thread for it really, maybe once it's sorted.

Mark one Cav at Ross-on Wye bootsale, looked solid, but hand-painted

Posted Image

Boss-eyed Volvo near where I live, there is another very faded one parked one in front and a 145 estate on the drive must take a wander up one day and find out the story about them. (and take a camera)

Posted Image

I was going to try and outgrim you with my phone picture but I think you win. :D

Posted Image