chassis paint - suggest me up

jakebullet

Last year I noticed the arse end of my disco 2 chassis was going rusty like they all do. So I half arsed wire brushed it and banged on a coat of aldi's finest anti rust paint.

Of course it's going rusty again now. Any suggestions on what to try next, preferably that doesn't involve hours sanding / needle gun / having a shite time?

Definitely Vactan, it wont take your skin off, does the business on rust and allows for a less-than-Park Ward hand-finished overcoat of your favourite chassis black.   I have been using a tin of Rustoleum matt black that somebody gave me (approximately my usual budget) and its made a nice job of my Cowley floor pan.   Don't use anything with the name Waxoyl in the title and you wont go far wrong.   Same with Hammershite - forget it. 

POR15 is excellent and as it's for the chassis it can be left as is. This is because POR15 doesn't like UV light and would need over painting if used where UV can get to it.

I used it on my diff a number of years ago and after two coats, rust has never broken through again.