Sold- polished aluminium induction kit for Rover 216/416

RichardMoss

I know that this sort of thing isn't really AS style (some old plastic drainpipe and an oily rag would be more in keeping), but here goes anyway:

For sale:

Polished aluminium induction kit for Honda engined 216/416.. With filter and rubber pipework £25 including postage or collection from North Yorkshire (on the A1 near RAF Leeming/Bedale)

enginebay.jpg

Ah, ok. I think your audience here is limited to Wobbler and myself.

That's Mrs.Moss's car, right? If she needs any bits, give me a shout, I have a breaker in the top field here.

It is indeed " 'er indoors' " car.  Probably the only thing that we would really need right now would be a 5 speed gearbox out of an SOHC car because, if I remember it correctly, they actually have a higher geared 5th than the DOHC cars do.  The engine is starting to get a bit rattly (partly due to Mr's M's unreliability with checking oil levels last summer) but is likely to soldier on for a while as it is currently only getting used for a couple of months each summer.  If push comes to shove, I have a good SOHC engine which would provide a decent bottom end.

If you can help with a gearbox, I'd be pleased to hear from you - long trips in this thing are ****ing tiresome. :)

enginebay.jpg

Ha Ha Ha.....

I skipped the 'vaccuum cleaner' hose air intake on MrSavv

I jigged up a 'cold feed', using a length of corrugated plastic pipe, and a BIG hole cut into the bottom of the AirFilter box......

prefitlayout.jpg

intakelower.jpg

... thick end of £5.... not shiny, but WTF ;)

TS

gearbox out of an SOHC car because,... they have a higher geared 5th than the DOHC cars

My breaker is an auto sadly (the ex-Chompy_Snake 216).

If you've seen Mr Wobbler's R8 thread, we've been discussing the low gearing of these, our SOHC cars do 3000rpm at 60mph in top... would that really be an improvement for you?!

I do have a complete, clean, quiet SOHC D16 lump if you need it, still in the car, showing 80-odd thousand.