Mk3 Transit coachbuilt minibus for sale

cms206

What other buses do you have to sell?

Predictably, Mr's Lankytim said NOO , NO NO NO, F OFF NO NO!!

Just noticed, why is the bus registered in 94, but the body was built in 89?

It sat pride of place in a showroom in Glasgow - Blythswood Motors are still trading, but not from that site.

The other buses are a 2008 Optare Solo, a 1996 Volvo B10B new to Merseybus and a pair of ex Ministry of Defence Leyland Tigers dating from 1987 and 1989. Thought the Transit would at least gather interest here :)

As long as it's not for hire or reward, you can drive a vehicle with up to 16 seats on a car licence.

To drive for hire or reward, you need a D1 category licence (although anyone who passed their test before 1997 will have that automatically anyway).

Lovely vehicle, by the way. I'd definitely hit that, under different circumstances.

3.5 ton weight limit still applies for those who passed since 1997, even if it's private use/not hire and reward. As far as I can make out anyway. There is a LOT of confusing information about regarding this, and I have to spend a lot of time reading it because of our community minibuses. Short end of it is that having just B classification means you can't drive anything with more than nine seats. DVLA's minibus guidance doesn't actually mention private use of a minibus, only exemption for community permits. I believe non-D1 drivers can't therefore own a Land Rover 110 as they have 10 or 12 seats.

This bus looks ace,  somebody needs to get it but that someone won't be me.

Just to add a bit more confusion to the driving licence debate a lot of you pre-97 licence holders might find that you can't drive minibus's for private hire without doing a proper D1 test.  This is why I'm first up for a private hire licence at work as I had to take the D1 test (post 97 licence) and my boss (pre 97) can drive the bus on his car licence but will need to take a D1 to do private hire work with it.

Our 16 seater is also a Transit but being a 14 plate is far less cool ;)

3.5 ton weight limit still applies for those who passed since 1997, even if it's private use/not hire and reward. As far as I can make out anyway. There is a LOT of confusing information about regarding this, and I have to spend a lot of time reading it because of our community minibuses. Short end of it is that having just B classification means you can't drive anything with more than nine seats. DVLA's minibus guidance doesn't actually mention private use of a minibus, only exemption for community permits. I believe non-D1 drivers can't therefore own a Land Rover 110 as they have 10 or 12 seats.

Yeah, it's not exactly straightforward.

The full details are here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_4011275.pdf

Basically, if you say you are driving on behalf of the "Autoshite Charitable Trust for the Furtherance of the Preservation of Old Chod" or something then it should* be ok.