Not a good start! - New shite.

pandamonium

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, here it is, purchased from ebay. We went to pick it up in the Mazda (which my wife won't drive) and my wife drove it back. 20 miles into the journey back, it just cut out. Right in the middle of roadworks! At least there is free recovery, the truck turned up and towed it - but not all the way home of course. To his credit, he took me a lot further than he had to.

Posted Image

Anyway, I managed to convince someone to help me tow it back*. So we set off, using the Mazda to tow. Then - disaster struck! As we were travelling along the dual carriageway, the bloke in the Hyundai panicked, as the brakes weren't servo'd and pulled up the hand brake, causing the car to snake around behind me. The Hyundai then shot off into the fast lane, dragging the rear of the Mazda with it! I felt this happenning and flung the Mazda into a slide to try to avoid it flipping over. The Hyundai followed, clipping the rear of the Mazda before spinning 180 degrees. Both cars ended up pointing the wrong way and the traffic came to a halt.

To cut a long story short, I paid the RAC to recover the Hyundai and drove home in the Mazda. Unfortunately, the rope ripped the Mazdas towbar electrics out causing a short, which blew several fuses! I've replaced them now, but now I have a dented Hyundai that doesn't go(suspected ecu fault) and no towbar electrics on the Mazda.

All in all, not a good day. :(

* identity hidden to protect their incompetence

What? How? Erk!

As towing f'ckups go, that must have been pretty entertaining, at least from a spectators point of view. I would seriously recommend doing as BICKLEATRON says, invest in an A-frame, takes loads of the hassle out of it, I imagine that 929 would happily A-frame a grot Hyundai to mars and back with zero fuss. If you can't run to an RAC-spec "CJ Autos" one, I have one of THESE GMV jobbies, which seems to be perfectly sturdy. Certainly never had anything come adrift.