Cavalier Mk3 2.0 CDI for sale - £120

wuvvum

I decided that if I want to have a decent chance of selling this, I should stop being a feckless twat and actually do a proper for sale post rather than tagging onto the back of Rob's.  I've even taken my own pictures, look:

post-190-0-48236400-1407707903_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-69203000-1407708068_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-48556700-1407708233_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-07163000-1407708810_thumb.jpg

It's pretty much top of the range for its day (I don't think they did a Cavalier CDX, although there was a Diplomat later on).  It has electric windows all round, velour seats, "wood" trim and those alloys-that-look-like-poundland-trimz.  It has the usual Vauxhall keep fit sunroof.  It's a bloody comfortable car to drive, and superb on the motorway, with the torquey 8-valve 2-litre and tall gearing (3,000 rpm at 90).  Good on fuel too.

As far as I can tell, all the electrics work bar the door mirrors and the temp gauge (radiator fan kicks in and out as it should though).  Even the headlight washers work.  It has the original Vauxhall-fit radio cassette.

It's done 137K.  Mechanically it seems in fine health apart from a bit of a fart from the exhaust manifold gasket.  Bodywork is a little scruffy in places but still quite presentable - usual grot around the rear arches.  Interior is pretty tidy.

It has an occasional brake issue where the pedal sinks further than normal before the brakes kick in.  This seems to be quite random, and hasn't happened recently, although I doubt it's cured itself.  I've never actually lost braking, and coming off the pedal and pressing again restores the normal amount of travel.  I would imagine it needs a master cylinder rebuild, which I have neither the time and inclination to do myself nor the spare cash to pay a professional to do it.

It's taxed to the end of the month and tested till October, and ideally needs to go sooner rather than later.  It's in NE Norfolk.

I've had it over two months now.  I do actually rather like it, but it was bought before my "oh-fuck-I-have-far-too-many-cars" moment and it's going as part of the fleet clearout.  The Delica has already moved on to pastures new, as has the Golf (summer's nearly over now anyway), the LNA and Talbot have both found buyers, and I'm still trying to get rid of the Rover 75. 

Mr Wuvvum, the temp sensor is an easy fix - it's a little spade connected on the back of the inlet manifold (to the left as you look from the front). It's a blue wire. The spade connector slides over the coolant sensor and it comes off, just slide it back on. This always happens, and is the reason why all Vauxhalls are siht.

Hey Andy, isn't it old enough to get a classic quote for?

Wuv in Norfolk could be a (not small) detour on the way to Chumley next week ;)

Classic insurance on Vauxhalls apparantly only applies when they hit 30; unless it's with Adrian Flux who still want more than double what I'm paying for two Volvo estates. Irritatingly I did poke and prod this very Cavalier at the Festival of Shite and it was bloody solid, if a little scabby round the edges with mismatched headlights.

Hmmm. Still tempted.

Classic insurance on Vauxhalls apparantly only applies when they hit 30; unless it's with Adrian Flux who still want more than double what I'm paying for two Volvo estates. Irritatingly I did poke and prod this very Cavalier at the Festival of Shite and it was bloody solid, if a little scabby round the edges with mismatched headlights.

Hmmm. Still tempted.

I just got classic cover on a 20 year old frontera with footman James. Was cheap too