Japanese Technology. Malaysian Style

DodgyBastard

*Edit: I set out to buy a 405 but ended up buying something completely different*

Over the weekend I sold the allegro for a whopping £750 which meant i was checking ebay on Monday morning for more chod a 90's diesel was what i was looking for, i found a few within my price range but they were all miles away.
Anyway, someone replied to my allegro ad which i had forgotten to take down asking if I'd swap for a 93 Peugeot 405 gld estate, I explained that I'd sold the allegro but would still like to buy the 405 if possible?
I went to see it last night, it's in pretty good condition, on 130k miles but no tax or mot.
A front wheel bearing is away which is extremely noisy and it needs a new exhaust.
I want the car but the owner has set the price at £350 and won't budge.
should I go for it? Or wait until one comes up with a little tax and test etc?

Also do any of you know what these are like on veg?

You should but not that one. I love mine. Comfy and veg friendly.

My sentiments entirely.  They're going up in value but only the nice condition ones, can't see his being worth more than £150-£200.

Wonderful, wonderful cars, not that I'm biased or anything.

In my search for a cheap dizzler I've found this!

10155456_534081563379392_813547939_n.jpg

It may still have some mot on it and it's more in my price range at £150

It's a 1.3 pez so no doubt it'll be utterly crap. Brilliant.

YES! hunt for French diesel, buy Malaysian petrol. WIN!

At 150 you can't go too far wrong really. Depreciation will be virtually zero for starters

The sun might call for it but I cant see anything going ahead on it. A few dealers might do 'scrappage' like schemes where they just rob you silly on the asking price and give you a good trade in on an old shitter but I don't see the government doing owt. 

FFS wrong thread. How the fuck have I done that. Going to post about the Proton on the other thread now to restore balance. 

Brilliant buy, I am positively jealous.  We had one of these from two years old, MrsR loved it to bits and I enjoyed it too.  As you say, 1.3 is surprisingly quick (ask me about 5-up plus luggage on a long motorway trip...) and comfy, and still turns in decent economy.  Plus, it's a Mitsubishi, WCPGW?  Total win, and I'll have it after you.  Any time, no rush.

12v engines confuse me too, do they have 2 inlet valves and one outlet (or vice versa)?

Yep, two inlet and one (often larger) exhaust.  I think the theory is that gas flow is more important when the fresh mixture is entering the engine than when the spent crap is leaving it.