FS: 1991 Peugeot 205 GT, 61k miles

2MB

Firstly,  apologies for one of my first posts being a for sale thread. I'm a longtime lurker and have signed up several times only for my username and password to stop working for some reason. Anyway I have 4 cars and it takes the piss getting the wheely bins out, and the 205 has gone from dependable daily to unused ornament through no fault of its own. 

IMG_2888.jpg

Well, that's not strictly true, it has developed a rattle due to one or more paggered engine mounts. The top mount has perished so it could well be that swapping that would cure it, but equally likely is that the bottom mount needs changing, which is a little more involved but still no problem for a competent spannerer. My current problem is the fact that real life is getting in the way and I won't realistically have a spare weekend until the MOT is nearly up. The car still drives fine but it needs sorting as the car also lacks a radio to drown out the rattle.

DSC_0633.jpg

Now I've made it sound really bad, the good bits:

MOT til end of october

2 sets of wheels (originals in need of refurb and 14" partner rims with branded tyres)

Still red rather than pink

Funky striped sports seats

Pretty quick, and feels faster

Everything electrical works (there isn't much but still)

Twin choke carb for noticeable step in power delivery. GTIs lack this and are therefore inferior

61k miles

All the locks operate from the same key. x2 keys

Stays bone dry when it rains

New numberplates, springs and brake pads

Hilariously good fun to drive, nothing feels like a 205 and this is the most fun one I've tried.

Few  more pics

DSC_02252.jpg

The parking ticket was a joke one btw

DSC_02232.jpg

DSC_02262.jpg

These seem to be rare and it drives like the odometer is telling the truth so offers around £400 would be nice

Also I think thatll be a 1989 or 1990, being on a G plate. I bet its a right laugh to drive, and also these GT models must be mega rare now.

This car looks ace.  If only this had been up two weeks ago, my star signs didn't say anything about study and travelling, &c. &c.

GLWTS, it sounds like it's going to be an easy one!

What happened to the train man who was buying it blind?

Hahahahahaahh

Yeah, right Mr Brummie Accent who has "already bought the train tickets now" and was arriving at 11am who never showed up.

Not that it would have made any difference, I was at work the missus was in with the kids as it was one of the nippers birthday, so a crash course on "fill this bit in" of the log book and I left her to it anyway.

Nope its still sat there. Got a couple of weeks left on ebay classifieds then it'll probably get mothballed until Sept / Oct time and used in the meantime for some greenlaning up near the caravan (got the BOAT's all highlighted on my OS map).

Mrs_the_cat used to be well into 205s, and had 4 or 5 back in the day. I remember when we were looking for an XS for her, coming across several GTs but all had the earlier suitcase engine. Certainly based on what was for sale at the time, this would seem to be a rare one and I can vouch for the TU3S being a sweet little engine.

Even though it's her birthday coming up, sadly I feel this would not be a welcome present for her...

If I didn't have to spend my savings on a deposit for my new house, this would have been great for commuting duties. I think I may have put a note on this a few months ago in Leeds City Centre - Dock Street.

I think I'll just have to sort of hope someone else buys this and/or I'm skint on the weekend.

No buy it then meet at a motorway service station in a couple of weeks time with some tenners and drive away in a fabulous* 4x4.

It is a proper good laugh. Forgot to mention it had a tiny patch welded for the last mot at the back of one sill. Paint on the tailgate has reacted in places as well, but the underside and arches are rust free

It's getting to the point where I really need to move the 205 on now. My w124 estate has just failed its MOT on rear arb mount rust (they all do that sir) and as some of you may know that's not a 20 minute job to put right. Now the sensible thing to do would be to fix the minor niggle on the 205 but that would leave me with a garage full of veg oil and most of a full year of insurance. I haven't decided what to do yet but the solution is probably going to require space and money. Really don't want to go down the eBay route so does anyone want to make me an offer?