1990 Eunos Roadster - now SOLD

loserone

Phoned up direct line for a quick* quote to see how much more it would cost me to insure this than the Scirocco.

You would have thought that I was asking for the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Apparently to change, it would cost an additional £10.24 plus a £15.00 admin fee, I currently pay £156.

'OK', says I, 'How much for the full year?' It expires in October.

Ah...

27 minutes & three people later, we finally arrive at £169.

So, £13.00 extra for the full year but £25.24 extra for 3 months.

Direct Line, Fuck off, I won't be renewing.

You're paying £155 a year for a proper (non-classic) policy? Then they quote you £170 and theyre getting the big FO? Thats about the cheapest insurance policy I've ever heard of man.

Aaaah well, life got in the way of insurance quotes and I lost out..... Well purchased Billy.

Sorry chief.  You were posting in other threads on Monday so I figured interest had waned and you just didn't want to say so.  It needs to be gone by the end of tomorrow, so MEGA PRICE DROP reflects that.  I'll still make up most of the difference with the bits that aren't sold and the insurance refund, which means I'll have cash for tyres for the Impreza.

Having said that, I still don't know what day KFW is collecting (I'm working from home today just in case..), and as we all know well with old chod, until the cash is in your hand and the car is off the street, it's not sold.

You're paying £155 a year for a proper (non-classic) policy? Then they quote you £170 and theyre getting the big FO? Thats about the cheapest insurance policy I've ever heard of man.

944S - £180 - another proper policy with Aviva, they'll do me multi vehicle discount, so I strongly suspect that the Scirocco will be moving there too. Customer service was markedly better.

When the admin fee is 10% of the policy, things are different!

Sorry chief. You were posting in other threads on Monday so I figured interest had waned and you just didn't want to say so. It needs to be gone by the end of tomorrow, so MEGA PRICE DROP reflects that. I'll still make up most of the difference with the bits that aren't sold and the insurance refund, which means I'll have cash for tyres for the Impreza.

Naaaah you were spot on, I tried Adrian flux and was waiting for a callback Monday.... Never happened. Went to ring them after work on Tuesday and it had already gone so fair play.

Somewhat surprised to still have this sitting around but collection has been postponed pretty late on today.  Seeing as the tax runs out tomorrow and I have nowhere to store it off the road, might I suggest that insurance quotes are readied for anyone interested and actually able to collect it?

Sale not cancelled, but requests for a firm time (I waited in today..) or a deposit aren't being very forthcoming at the minute, and I do not want to still have this on Friday.

Think Mr DVee8 can probably attest to it's shagged-out £150 banger characteristics..?

HaHa Yep proper shagger very green and tan or so very tan.With a little time and some tlc it will make someone a nice motor.but if it hadn't been outside his house today i would have sailed past.

Good luck if it doesn't go i may have to come back lol.

944S - £180 - another proper policy with Aviva, they'll do me multi vehicle discount, so I strongly suspect that the Scirocco will be moving there too. Customer service was markedly better.

When the admin fee is 10% of the policy, things are different!

Most companies are 25 quid for any change so this is probably cheap!  The percentage seems high given its a low premium to start with - would imagine Aviva would have a similar admin charge?