K10 Micra Auto MOT failure. £100.NOW SOLD

sporty-shite

Fatha Sportys old Micra is up for grabs. 1.2GS auto in JRG. Just failed test on some welding on sill ends, a brake pipe , rusty wing and moody sidelights. Also advised on brake hoses and a couple of bits I can't remember. It's not that much work for an experienced shiter, but he's decided to call it a day, so has bought mutha cobblers Golf. It runs and drives really well and has only done about 70 odd thousand miles.

It's going to end up scrapped if it doesn't sell, which would be a shame, so a ton takes it. It's in Bolton.

Will get pics tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Hi, will deffo take this, will have to work out a way of getting it home (other than booking in for an MOT). The sills -always- go on the back of these - that little plastic trim is meant to stop this, but in fact stores a big load of rust-inducing mud. Not seen a front wing go as bad though lol!

The best colour scheme as well - gold and brown interior.

I'm glad this is off to a good home,  nice little cars but an auto is a little too giffer for my tastes.

I have seen worse wings once though,  about 15 years ago a red k10 turned up in the little scrapyard below the railway line in Durham.  It was in completely mint condition apart from the front arches which were a horrible mix of P40 fibreglass and rust all the way round on each side.  He only wanted £30 for it and I was very tempted but had nowhere to keep it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump back up. It looks like Station is having transport problems, so it's back up. If Dave can move it, he's top of the list, but otherwise, any other interested shiters? Mutha_Sporty is mithering me to scrap it, but I just can't. It feels wrong.

WILL PASS MOT EASILY, with a bit of welding, a couple of bulbs, some brake pipe and a strip of gaffa on the front arch.

It will make someone a good runner, though, just like it has for mum & dad. Really seems a shame to cube it. Actually had a minor argument with mum today because she just wants to send it away and doesn't understand why I'm going to the trouble of trying to sell it as a project.

If I could home this I really would, but I've got no storage aside the parents' driveway which I'm sure they won't let me use, and there's the fact I'm moving out to uni in six weeks. Shame, I'm only on the other side of Manc. Would have been an ideal* first car and all...

I can store it for a bit if need be in Accrington.

Although half tempted to have a word with missus Moog to see if I am allowed to buy it (probably not at moment but can but ask) especially as I want to practice with the sparkle stick

If I could home this I really would, but I've got no storage aside the parents' driveway which I'm sure they won't let me use, and there's the fact I'm moving out to uni in six weeks. Shame, I'm only on the other side of Manc. Would have been an ideal* first car and all...

Come on, man. MUST TRY HARDER!!! You can leave it on your folks driveway as a reminder of you for when you're away! Mums love sentiment!

I can store it for a bit if need be in Accrington.

Although half tempted to have a word with missus Moog to see if I am allowed to buy it (probably not at moment but can but ask) especially as I want to practice with the sparkle stick

Storage isn't a big problem, TBH. Mum and dad go away this weekend for a couple of months, so it's coming to my house, as the ex Ma Cobblers Golf will occupy their garage. Thanks for the offer, though.

Really, you should tell your Maud that you're making a solid gold investment in Japanese industry, and also learning an important and potential money saving skill. Either way, you can't lose*.

Storage isn't a big problem, TBH. Mum and dad go away this weekend for a couple of months, so it's coming to my house, as the ex Ma Cobblers Golf will occupy their garage. Thanks for the offer, though.

Really, you should tell your Maud that you're making a solid gold investment in Japanese industry, and also learning an important and potential money saving skill. Either way, you can't lose*.

That discussion ended in A Look... which I essentially took to mean that she was right and man off internet was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I've banished the Astra outside. :)

I still haven't got a reducer pipe thing to connect gas to my welder so I hoovered it yesterday, and put my spare brown AFG NISSAN BIRKENHEAD mats in:

15040538845_c7a9df6e49_h.jpg

Also WD40'd the locks/handles as they were sticky.

14853889520_7c64366c67_h.jpg

Got a red wing, so I'm going to have to spray it using rattle cans - can't get 'Nissan Metallic Beige' from Halfords, and the best match was 'Ford Oyster Gold'.

5428418016_5533792641_z.jpg

What could possibly, etc etc.