Fiat Gimp Chariot Problems

Volksy

Ello, just jumped into the Seicento, (1100 F.I.R.E.) and despite running perfectly fine five mins earlier, fired up with a severe misfire and Inj light on on the dash. I guess it could be down to one of a few things, Lamda sensor, Crank sensor etc. Anyone experienced the same fault?I dont fancy spending £65+ on getting my local stealer to fault read it....

I have a crotchety old Fiat with an EMS that occasionally does such things. I generally approach it in this order:Disconnect the battery for half an hour so the EMS has to relearn the engine and your driving style. Works in 0.00005% of cases.Disconnecting a component plug (eg lamda or knock sensor) will cause the EMS to use default values and may ease the problem and hence hint what part to replace. Or just replace most likely EMS actuator/sensor with scrapyard part (given a few of these problems you soon end up with spare parts lying about. But maybe that just proves my approach doesn't work........!)Use a multimeter to do what you can such as measuring injector or coil resistance. Checking earths can be worthwhile too, for example engine block to bulkhead strap, or exhaust voltage drop relative to the block. The latter can mess up lamda output voltage.I have solved bad running problems before using my special EMS snake oil tool, a pair of tweezers with light wet and dry glued to the inside of the tip. It makes a handy tool for cleaning the pins on the connections in the EMS loom.Follow some good sense checks like checking for inlet or exhaust manifold leaks, examining spark plug soiling for clues etc. Check no one has shoved bananas up your tail pipe or leaves in your air box :shock:After all that splash the cash on a diagnostic..........or a diagnostic tool.

Thanks for the replies!I would have thought a coil pack or sensor, I went out and fired the lil fugger up this evening, and it ran perfectly.. So maybe the coil or a sensor is breaking down when warm, will give it a run tomorrow and see what happens..