Nissan Micra Auto 1.0 for sale, perhaps, shortly.

londonm

So, what do you think it's worth chaps? Message me with your honest thoughts. No rust or Air Con, but does have PAS. You'd have to be willing to travel to Bournemouth as well. Everything on it is ship shape with a few little dings you'd expect on a motor of this vintage. Would need to pay in cash, and no px as she's giving up driving and doesn't need a proton or princess.

If this has Air Con and PAS, could be interested for the Wife.

If this has air con and PAS and a CVT and the 998cc donkey it will be so far beyond grim to drive as to be "Eastbourne" on a scale of 1 to 10.

I can add these are bloomin good little cars, GF had a 1.0 16v Auto last year and it was actually ok to buzz about in. Its still owned by the family because it seemed a shame to let such a good cheap little car go when she finished with it.

If this has air con and PAS and a CVT and the 998cc donkey it will be so far beyond grim to drive as to be "Eastbourne" on a scale of 1 to 10.

So what do you think a retired elderly woman in her seventies living on the south coast should drive? A Skyline perhaps?

We can't be the buyer and the seller!

Think of it as sealed bids...I just want to work out a fair asking price based on what the people on this site think. Some of the prices on Autotrader are crazily optimistic. Tell me what you reckon it's worth, in 'priced to sell' state of mind. Once I have a few people's ideas I'll post a fair price.

It's worth what it's worth and it's worth what someone will pay for it. Get a price up, man. It'll either be too dear or too cheap or just the right price. One won't sell, one will sell immediately and the other will take a wee while.

It's not exactly a classic nor is it worth more than three figures. Price or the thread is a waste of time.

I got £600 for a 1.4 auto about a year ago, over 100K miles.  Was a lot of interest in the advert - I think automatics are becoming more popular now gradually and cheap cars for learners and younger drivers aren't easy to find.

It wasn't as clean as yours as it had the usual rust in sills, bonnet and front cross member though it looked ok and had a good mot and plenty of tax.

Up to you but I'd start it higher if you are in no rush.

I don't know the specific model but best case scenario might be:

Nissan Micra (1995-03) 3Dr Hatchback 1.0 SE NCVT Auto (2000/W)

Car valuation adjusted for 35,000 miles

Private Good: £673 Private Average: £483 Private Poor: £293 Part Exchange: £553

Source: http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=used_cars&no=3&make=Nissan&model=Micra+%281995-03%29&vip=8378&yearplate=2000%2FW&mileage=35&x=37&y=8

If it were mine at that age and milage (and gearbox) I would probably pitch it at £850 and take it from there.

K11's are popular with all ages of drivers from youngsters just passing their test (because they can be cheap to insure) to more mature people who wish to pootle to the Co-Op for a half tin of baked beans for their dinner each day.

Ive recently found a 51 plate K11 for a friends daughter for her first car (hell, she's 20 and I remember her mother being pregnant with her like it was yesterday) and we paid £700 for a 998cc example with PAS, EW, FSH and 70K on the clock (and that had had a crossmember replacement last MOT)

As much as I grumble about the MicraShed I too would trust it above the C8 for a long road trip.

Indeed when i whisked Mrs MicraShed away for a rude weekend in a castle in Scotland we took the Micrashed above the C8 ( that and it was much easier to park in Edinburgh)