Some nice old 1970s & 1980s showroom pics...

Owain71

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/9/2014 at 7:26 PM, ProgRocker said:

Now Norfolk Motor Group (Kia). I bought my used Almera from here nearly 4 yrs ago. In the 1980s it was Henlys Peugeot (& Talbot?).

I worked here as an apprentice between 1988-1990 when it was Henlys. Intially it was VW/ Audi then when Norwich Motor Company in Recorder Road closed we became Peugeot/ Talbot dealers.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, Cavboy80 said:

I worked here as an apprentice between 1988-1990 when it was Henlys. Intially it was VW/ Audi then when Norwich Motor Company in Recorder Road closed we became Peugeot/ Talbot dealers.

I remember it had a distinctive ramp and a canopy on the right...possibly an ajoining petrol station?

:oops: Cringe alert! I used have a thing for car washes when I was little. :oops: Round the back just off Beech Drive there were two car washes! There's a sign in @Spottedlaurel 's photo advertising the fact iirc. My dad used to drive around the city on a Sunday to get me out of the house. The metal roll over machines of the 1970s and 80s were more interesting than the plastic clad affairs of today.